Julie's a Traditional Person

I always found the idea of knowing Julie better a good thing, because it is a good thing. However, there are some things I'd rather not know, not because it's disturbing or anything, but because it's for Julie's health. You see, I'm a good person.

I never once wanted to know or see what kind of drunk Julie was and the reason is obvious. She should not even be near alcohol, yet here she was, with a smile that was too big and flushed cheeks, but she wasn't wasted, thank God.

She just seemed too happy, too relaxed. I didn't think she was at the point of being drunk, or too drunk at the very least. I came just in time.

James is going to be disappointed in me, and if Cindy ever finds out, she'd be damn pissed.

I found them in the kitchen, giggling with those red cups in hand. I was unhappy with myself and with Gabby and her friends. A side of me I never knew of appeared at that moment, and I actually scolded someone. I felt like the stereotypical mean old lady teacher person, or whatever.

Julie slurred just about everything she said. She spoke lazily and her movements were just as lazy looking as her speech.

"M'sorry." Julie gave me a look that almost made me forgive her.

"Sorry doesn't make it better does it?"

"No..." Julie chewed on her bottom lip. "But I don't feel bad..."

"Course you don't," I muttered.

I led us outside on the porch because it was the least crowded place I could find. After putting Julie on the porch swing, I sat beside her. I sighed and rubbed my face. What was I going to do?

Julie pursed her lips, thrusting her body forward a little too hard in order to look at my face. "What's wrong?"

I stared at her then used my arm to push her so her back actually touched the seat. Leaning the way she was would have cause her to fall over, and then she'd probably take me with her. I didn't want to fall on my face because Julie doesn't know how to sit right.

"Nothing," I said. "Just thinking about how to deal with you."

Immediately, she became sad, tears welling up in her eyes as she leaned forward again. "Are you mad at me?"

I rolled my eyes. "No."

Just as quick the sadness was replaced with overwhelming joy so great that I could feel it radiating off of her. "Okay."

She huge smiled made its way onto her face. She kicked her feet a bit as she dropped back onto the seat. The force caused the thing to swing a bit. She really needs to quit moving for now.

Think, think. What should I do about this?

"Gen."

I can't take her to her house, Cindy will not be happy. Then, she'd bar Julie from interacting with me because she would think that I'm a bad influence.

"Gen."

I am a bad influence though. Ugh, whatever, I need to focus. Would James be fine with this? No, he'd be super disappointed and tell Cindy, or, possibly, he would be a cool brother and cover for me.

"Gen."

Maybe he'll be in bed when we get there.

"Gen!"

By then Julie was flailing her arms about trying to get my attention but her shouting was what got my attention.

"What?" I said, slightly annoyed.

She gripped my shoulder, trembling in her spot with a little too much excitement. She pointed upwards as she looked in the same direction, a silly smile plastered on her face. "Look."