Cookies and Bonding

The next day Alice seemed to always be there, just staring. Like when I was walking down the hall, Julie skipping beside me as always, she looked away from her conversation with her ex-boyfriend just to follow me with her eyes.

Like she was asking me for something.

I never answered and avoided her needy gaze. Whatever she must've said to Julie just messed up our non-existent relationship more.

And Julie went back to normal, no hinting at the situation from yesterday.

So now we are in our last class which both Julie and Alice shared with me, Julie was beside me and Alice, in a not so subtle way, stretched just to give me looks. I only paid attention to the review for an upcoming test our teacher gave out and Julie's rambling.

"I can't wait until after school." Julie was literally shaking with excitement as there was only seven minutes until the bell would ring. She looked at me with the biggest smile and whispered, "We're going to make cookies."

I smiled a little and maybe looked a little too fond of her behavior at the moment. And from the corner of my eye Alice is staring again, from what I can see she isn't the happiest. Gee, I wonder why.

I myself can't wait until the day ends, that'll be the end of being stared at for two days.

I don't even know what she wants to talk about, we've already talked and I think I made my message clear. To go away.

I should start thinking of something else.

I focused on the girl next to me, she's all smiles today as usual. It's hard not to like a person like her, as much as I would've denied it weeks ago. Always smiling, seemingly happy every minute. As open as she seems I think it's obvious that it isn't all there is to her.

Because she acts like a complete airhead yet she's getting better grades than me.

And even with my reputation, I do not get bad grades.

And she's also completely shit at hiding the fact that something's bothering her, but too stubborn to tell why. Almost like asking for compliments but denying each and every one given to you.

Just then the bell rung, Julie shot up immediately, pulling me up and ushering me out. Alice stood up also along with everyone else, she always stayed close enough that she had me in view.

Quickly becoming a bit of a stalker.

Fortunately she just got lost in the crowd.

I let Julie pull me out the front of the school, people moved away as they did every other school day. Everyone just got used to the fact that Julie was my only friend and will probably be dragging me around everywhere.

I think because of me Julie is exempt from any type of bullying.

She's got to feel special now.

"This is gonna be fun," Julie said, hopping a little with each step as if the bag she had on her back was weightless. "Bonding and cookies."

I hummed in response, taking longer strides to catch up with Julie. She's as hyper as always.

"Also," she continued. "I've got a question."

I smile and gesture for her to go on. "Ask away."

"Can I stay over?" She slowed her pace and matched mine, looking up at me with hope. "Please, my mom even said I could as long as it was with you."

"I mean, I guess James would be fine with it." James would be urging for her to stay over actually. "You can have the couch."

I smirked when I noticed the pout on her face.