I Thought We Had A Connection

"This isn't fair." Julie groaned. "You're going too fast." 

"You said you learn fast," I reminded, placing my last card onto the stack. I won. "Speed."

Julie let her head flop down to the bed and had her arms spread beside her, the huff she let out made the frown she probably had on her face obvious. The cards moved a bit from the movement and a few dropped to the ground. I couldn't help but smile at this.

Julie so far only seems to lose in every game we play.

"I dun' wanna play anymore," she grumbled. She rolled over to face the wall and somehow stuck her arms back into her blanket cocoon. She looked like a worm.

I sighed and put the cards back in the package they came in, shuffling on my knees to my night stand to put them back in the drawer. I then decided to just sit next to the night stand, leaning back onto my bed and stretching my legs out.

"Gen?" Julie said, her voice small and muffled from the direction she spoke and the blanket. "Can you cuddle me?"

I didn't answer for a few seconds because the sheer randomness of the question shocked me. Not only that but what she had asked. Julie just asked me to cuddle her. Who asks that?

"No," I finally said.

"You took a while to answer," she said. "That means you thought about accepting right?"

"Means I thought about throwing you out but decided against it and answered."

Julie flopped over to face me now, a pout on her face. God, she's too cute.

"But I didn't do anything wrong."

"You say weird things."

"How was it weird?"

I placed my hand on my forehead and sighed. Either this is just her act or she genuinely thinks that it's completely normal to say many of the things she says. I really think that it's the latter most times.

"Who asks that?"

She grinned, almost in a shy and child-like way. "Me."

"Of course," I breathed. "So damn weird."

"But you love it." She smiled bigger. "I feel loved."

I narrowed my eyes. She's so... I can't ever describe her in these moments. I never can. "Who said I even liked you?"

She flopped over to face the ceiling, feigning a hurt expression. Which looked funny because she didn't have her arms to express it right.

"I can't believe you'd say that..." She made her voice shaky, faking a sniffle. "I thought we had a connection."

I laughed and shook my head. "Do you have any other friends other than me?"

She flopped back over to face me and I'm wondering how the blankets are still wrapped around her so well. "Why do you ask?"

"People like people like you don't they?"

"I talk to some other people," she admitted but then she smiled real sweetly. "None as important as you."

"Back with the sappy shit," I mumbled.

"And you love it."

"I love everything about you in your perspective don't I?" I smiled, amused by this as always.

"Of course," she told me. She then bit her lip shyly with the fondest look on her face. "And I love everything about you too."

I think I'll just shut down now.