Ice Cream

Lunch time was almost everyone's favorite time of school. Because you get to talk to friends, no worrying of a teacher hearing your words. And sometimes the food fights that'd sometimes take place. Some people would go out for lunch, but most would be in the school's cafeteria since it was like a cool hangout place.

for me though, it was like a resting place. To be free from nagging teachers and annoying classmates. And obviously Julie has step in and ruin it all.

"Hey Genevieve!" she greets excitedly nearly making me jump.

"Please tell me this is some bad dream," I murmur looking down at the table.

"Nope it's real," she says as I look up to see hazel eyes looking back at me. And I almost get lost again.

"Sadly," I mutter as I scoot away for Julie to sit by me. She then turns her head to look at me, "your brother is an awesome cook," she mentions in attempt for a conversation.

"Yeah he is," I breathe while avoiding her gaze.

"You're ignoring me again."

"I'm just avoiding the sight of you."

I could see her frown in the corner of my eye, and so I turn to look at her. Her smile seems return immediately.

"Am I not a sight for sore eyes?" She asks. She is totally a sight for sore eyes.

"I never said you were ugly Julie." She raises an eyebrow. "Then why did you refuse to look at me?"

I sigh tiredly before speaking "because you're kinda pre-" my eyes widen as I stop myself before finishing the sentence. How did I get that idea?

She only squints her eyes at me apparently trying to figure out what I was going to say.

I was then saved from making an explanation as a handful of spaghetti suddenly flies through the air, and everyone just follows it with their eyes. It's all in slow motion as the noodles finally hit the floor, and all you could hear was a random kid shouting.

"Food Fight!"

Now the whole cafeteria was in chaos as they started tossing everything off their plates. Jocks against the nerds, those dark kids with no souls against everyone. The popular girls hiding cowardly under tables.

Then a few people in the middle of the crossfire.

"So, we get out of here?" Julie asks looking up at me. "We can try," I say looking for a path out of the place. There was a clear path, but I could be hit with a pizza or something. How was this going to work out?

I suddenly feel a warm hand wrap around my wrist, and before I knew it. I was running, Julie leading the way as we got closer to the double doors. I barely dodge a pizza flying through the air as we finally made it through.

The doors shut behind us as we kept running, Julie seemed to know where we were going as she walked up to this glass double doors. The clear doors led us to the courtyard no one used, surrounded by a wire fence. She finally stops looking around while taking a breath.

And I look down at our hands to see her hand somehow found its way to mine. And for some reason I suddenly feel embarrassed, so I quickly let go. Julie doesn't seem to acknowledge my behavior as we both stay silent, finding a place underneath a tree.

The sun was beating down on us, but we didn't seem to care. The tree barely provided any protection from the sun. But it was peaceful.

"That was fun huh?"

I'm surprised to hear her suddenly speak, and so I just nod.

"Course it was, you were with me," she laughs at my expression.

"You were about to say I was pretty weren't you?" She asks suddenly while looking side ward at me. I open my mouth to say something but nothing seems to come out as I feel my cheeks heat up. "Don't feel embarrassed Gen, you're pretty too."

She's lying.

Is she?

She smiles at me apparently amused by my silent reaction to her words.

I hear her let out a happy sigh as she speaks again. "You know what'd be nice right now?"

"What?" I sigh while turning my head to look at her.

She then turns her head to look back at me.

"Some ice cream."

A/N: Short filler chapter today 'cause I'm lazy.

Yay!

*jazz hands*

Yeah...

Nyeh.