Forgive Me Flowers

Alice's eyes were a dull color. A light blue, a color I thought I started hating. But as I'm staring right at them, I realize it's not too bad, I just no longer like who it belongs to.

Alice wasn't glaring. It was more angry, more like she wanted to claw my eyes out with her bare hands rather than throwing daggers with her eyes.

This here, was Angry Alice, what I'm pretty sure is her final form.

My gaze moves over to a mop over her shoulder, a dustpan next to it with what I'm assuming is the broom. This told me exactly where we were.

The janitors closet.

"Alice, I never expected something so cliché," I grinned. "A janitors closet, really?"

Her face scrunched up. "Shut up." Her hand balled up some of the fabric of her sleeve. "I know what your doing."

"Talking to you?" I said, playing dumb.

"Do you like guys now or something?"

Says the one that had a boyfriend...

"Um, what?"

"You and Dylan. You two weren't friends before." Alice's fingernails were digging into her own hands. "And now you two are talking."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "No, I don't like guys."

"Then why?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Why what?"

"Why are you doing this?" Her anger seemed to lessen, her hands now grasping at her upper arms. "If you're trying to make me angry me then just stop."

I mean, that was the point, to piss her off. And guess what, it's working.

"What if I don't want to?" I raised my eyebrows. "You kind of deserve it."

Not that I'm as angry anymore. It's just fun to mess with her. I've held the grudge long enough, it's old news now. But still, she deserves it.

Okay maybe I do still have a tiny grudge.

Alice chewed at her bottom lip, guilt spreading over her face. "...I know."

"Good, great." I placed my hands on her shoulders. "That's the first part, acknowledge you were a bitch, apologize for being a bitch, then stop being a bitch." I patted her shoulder and spun towards the door. "Now if I run there's a chance I won't get a tardy."

Before I could even touch the door knob she stopped me.

"Wait." Arms slid around my waist and I could now feel her breath on the crook of my neck. Her touch felt so strange to me. "I'm sorry, so please..."

I frowned and pulled her hands off me. "I think the janitor wants his place back."

I left the room quickly, shaking that strange feeling off.

I didn't rush to class, but instead took my time to get a tardy pass and walked real slowly. I would be late anyway, so I decided to make the most of it.

After that incident I really don't feel like dealing with class. Even so, I still did my work.

I was really looking forward to dismissal.

But when it came, I wasn't happy since there was a noticeable change in atmosphere, and in Julie.

She seemed a bit out of it when I saw her again.

She wasn't skipping around like she usually did, she was just walking, normally. Her normal, is not normal.

She wasn't even holding my hand - not that I'm eager for her to. It's just, weird.