Lucy versus Toxin: Part Two

"Lucy!" Natsu shouted. "Lucy!" He squirmed, trying to at least free his hands. But the more he squirmed, the tighter Cubellios's hold became.

He was tired of watching Lucy get beat up.

And something told him that this lady, Toxin, wasn't playing around.

Lucy whimpered and gently cradled her broken hand. What do I do? This lady is WAY above my magical level. She's more than I can handle. She glanced at Natsu and Happy. And Natsu can't help me. I can't use my spirits. At least, I don't think. I can't really tell what kind of magic she uses. She shifted slightly in order to prevent her leg falling asleep. That's when she felt her whip hit her leg. Oh right, I forgot about the Fleuve d'étoiles. It probably won't do much good, but it's worth a shot!

Cobra silently watched your fight with Lucy. He had been listening to the Heartfilia girl's thoughts the entire time, mentally commenting on how stupid she was.

It was completely obvious that Lucy didn't stand a chance against you.

So why didn't Lucy just give up?

To put it simply, humans are rather stubborn creatures. Some of us would rather die than give up. (1) Because our pride won't let us. (2) We have something, or someone, we want to protect.

Or maybe both.

Reaching her uninjured hand to grab the Fleuve d'étoiles, Lucy sprung into action as quickly as she could.

She flung the end of the whip in your direction and it successfully wrapped around your wrist.

I caught her! Lucy felt happiness bubble up inside of her.

"Hmm?" You hummed, raising an eyebrow. "A whip, huh?" You sighed and continued to him as if you were thinking.

"You know," You finally spoke. "whips remind me of slithery creatures." Lucy cocked her head to the side at your bazaar comment. "Snakes, slugs, worms." You listed. "Speaking of worms, have you ever had a tapeworm?"

"Tapeworm?" Lucy repeated. What is she talking about? I have a bad feeling.

"Yes, a tapeworm." You smirked. "A creature that can be quite deadly, literally eating you from the inside out."

"O-Oh . ." Lucy laughed nervously and glanced off in another direction. Where did this conversation topic come from? Is she-

Suddenly, Lucy felt a pain in her stomach. She released the Fleuve d'étoiles and clutched her abdominal area. Then she began to wobble on her feet. Wha . . . what's . . happening . . to me? Her legs finally gave out and she collapsed to the ground.

You shook the whip off of your wrist and let it fall to the ground. Then you looked down at Lucy.

"You've been infected with tapeworm." You said, glaring at her. "It's a rather big one and he's quite hungry." Lucy whimpered at your words. "I suppose I can be nice and at least put you to sleep before you die."

You raised a foot and hovered it above the blond's head. "This is why they call me Toxin." You whispered, bringing your foot down and stomping Lucy's head into the ground.

Lucy instantly lost consciousness.

"No!" Natsu shouted. "Lucy!"

"Impressive." Cobra smirked at you, ignoring Natsu.

After seeing you in action, he now had a reason to fear you. Who wouldn't be scared of you? Now he knew to be on your good side.

And not even Cobra could pinpoint the type of magic you used. You just intrigued him even more.

"Very much so." You smirked back.

"Hey, Oración Seis!" Natsu shouted. "Put me down and fight me! You'll pay for what you did to Lucy!"

"Isn't he a loud one?" You grumbled.

"Tell me about it." Cobra grumbled right along with you.

"I said let me down!" Natsu continued to shout.

"You heard him, Cobra." You smirked. "Let him down."

"Sure thing, Toxin." The maroon haired male's heart started to beat faster.

The way you said his name.

The sexiness of your smirk.

And the way you told him what to do.

It was all too much for him. His heart couldn't take it, but he controlled himself.

"Cubellios!" At Cobra's command, the large purple snake released Natsu. The pink haired dragon slayer fist pumped the air with a toothy grin before falling to the floor.

"Happy!" Natsu exclaimed, surprised that his partner didn't latch onto him the moment they were free so that they could fly. "Why didn't you-"

Natsu looked over his shoulder and saw the blue cat already on the ground, curled up and unconscious.

"Happy!" Natsu crawled over to his partner and hovered over him. "Speak to me, buddy! What's wrong?"

"Tapeworm." You answered. Natsu glared over his shoulder at you, but you were unfazed. "His body is smaller so the process is quicker."

"I'll burn you to ashes!" Natsu snarled, veins popping out of his forehead. He stood up and spun around, facing you.

Flames appeared around his trembling hand and he charged at you.

He was faster than Lucy.

But still too slow.

You raised a hand at Natsu and he immediately stopped moving mid-run.

He wobbled slightly, his cheeks puffing out every so often as if he was going to vomit any second.

"Y-You . ." Natsu tried his hardest to focus on your form and look serious. Then the pain hit. He clutched his stomach.

You smirked at the mage's sickly form, chuckling.

Cobra moved from beside you and walked over and stood next to Natsu.

"'Night, Pyro." He growled, hitting Natsu on the back of the head.

The Fire Dragon Slayer hit the ground and lost consciousness.