A Change of Heart

FAIRY TAIL GUILD

"They're fighting again." Lucy groaned.

"They do that a lot, don't they?" Carla asked.

"Every day." Happy nodded.

Natsu and Gray were fighting again. Not that it's new. But this time a table was thrown and hit Gajeel in the face, so the Iron Dragon Slayer joined the brawl.

"Get your hand out of my face, you dumb hothead!" Gray shouted.

"I'm stretching!" Natsu shouted back, "Get your face out of the way of my hand!"

"Is that so, Salamander?" Gajeel grinned, "Then let me stretch too." Both of Gajeel's arms turned into iron clubs and punched Natsu and Gray in the jaws. After sending the two males flying back, the clubs turned back into normal flesh.

"You jerk!" Natsu shouted with a pout.

"What?" Gajeel faked innocence. "I was just stretching."

"Yeah," Gray scoffed, "stretching my patience."

Suddenly, the guild's double doors opened. "Where's Makarov?" A voice demanded. Everyone looked at the intruder in surprise.

"Bacchus?" Erza asked, approaching him. "What business do you have here?"

"I'm here to see Makarov." Bacchus panted. "Please, it's important."

"What's the matter?" Makarov asked, walking into the guildhall.

"Master Makarov," Bacchus sighed in relief. "I've come to warn you. Someone attacked our guild."

"Quatro Cerberus was attacked?" Makarov's eyes widened. "Was anyone injured?"

"They, uh, . ." Bacchus cleared his throat. "They're all dead."

"Dead?" Not just Makarov, but the entire guild gasped. "How did you survive?"

"Master Goldmine encouraged me to escape. He wanted me to warn you just in case Fairy Tail was next."

"So Goldmine is . ." Makarov bit his lip.

The entire guild was silent for a while. That is, until Natsu broke the silence.

"Gramps, we've got to do something!"

"Don't you think we know that?" Erza snapped.

"Bacchus," Makarov called, "do you know who the attacker was?"

"Uh," Bacchus thought aloud, "he was fat and, uh, had long orange hair. He kinda reminded me of one of those Oraciòn Seis guys that you fought a while back."

"The Oraciòn Seis!?!" Lucy panicked, "They're back!?!"

"Aren't they suppose to be in prison?" Natsu asked.

"No, it can't be!" Makarov gasped.

"What is it, Master?" Mirajane asked.

"A couple of days ago, there was a secret meeting between the King of Fiore and every legal guildmaster. He discovered that the entire Magic Council and the Fiore Prison had been wiped out with no survivors."

"You don't think-" Erza's eyes widened.

"That's exactly what I think." Makarov nodded. "I think the Oraciòn Seis broke out of prison, took out the Magic Council and everyone in that prison, and now they're coming after the guilds."

"We should warn the other guilds." Erza suggested.

"Good idea." Makarov agreed, "Erza, Lucy, Mirajane, and Carla, you girls will go to Mermaid Heel. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Happy, and Lily, you guys will go to Sabertooth. Levy, Juvia, Lisanna, and Cana, the four of you will go to Blue Pegasus. Laxus, Freed, Bickslow, and Elfman, the four of you will go to Lamia Scale. Understood?"

"Yes!" The entire guild shouted.

SOMEWHERE NEAR DARK ABYSS

I can't believe it! Cobra was overjoyed on the inside, but he had to remain calm and neutral on the outside. Currently, he was sitting up against a tree. The thing that overjoyed him was the fact that you were resting your head on his shoulder, and the fact that his arm was wrapped around your waist.

But of course, you only let this happen because you were very vulnerable and broken right now.

You probably wouldn't even admit that this happened once you were back to your old self.

You were crying and your body was still shaking, but it wasn't shaking as much.

"Why are you here?" You asked in a timid voice.

"You mean why I followed you?" Cobra asked.

You nodded in response.

"I don't know." Cobra sighed. "I knew I hit a sensitive nerve back at HQ, and I wanted to know what was bothering you, what you were keeping so bottled up inside. Look, everyone in Oraciòn Seis has a messed up past. Heck, as kids we were all slaves in a tower. You may not trust Midnight or Angel or Racer or Hoteye . . . but I want you to know that you can trust me. Actually, you can trust all of us, but baby steps."

There was a pause, a moment of silence, before Cobra added, "I'm glad I followed you though."

"Why's that?"

"Well, for one thing, I saved your butt!" He smirked even though you couldn't see it. "And I got to learn something about you . . . . even if it wasn't a good thing."

"You're trying so hard to be nice to me." You mumbled. After crying so much, you were starting to get sleepy. "No one's ever . . tried so hard . . for me . . be . . fore . . ."

Cobra glanced down at you and saw that you were asleep. He chuckled softly to himself, "You're actually cute when you aren't trying to kill someone!"

She'll probably distance herself once she wakes up. Cobra knew this moment couldn't last forever, but he wished it could. He still remembers your smile from that dream he had while in prison.

And he still wants to see it.

He smiled at your sleeping form, "You're beautiful, Toxin."