Chapter 4

*Jess’s P.O.V*

            I felt the nerves build up in my stomach, much like butterflies fluttering around crazily. I looked up at Andy for reassurance who gave me a nod and a small smile. My mum walked through the front door first before my two brothers. She looked at me and Andy first before taking a long look around the lobby. “It’s just like I remembered it. It’s nice to see you again Christian.” Mum said proudly, pulling him into a hug and he kissed her cheek as she pulled back. Next she turned to me.  “Why do you look so pale?” She directed her gaze to Andy. I felt him tense up next to me. She must know the symptoms of getting knocked up by a vampire and Andy seemed to realise this. “Andy have you been taking care of her?” She asked. Andy looked towards me and nodded.

            “I have but she probably needs more care now.” He said. I saw the hidden meaning behind it, but my mother (whom was clueless) didn’t. She nodded and turned towards Christian again. They both started catching up on lost time as Andy exchanged looks with me. I sighed. This was going to be hard to tell them, but hey! It’s got to be done.

            The doorbell rang again through the house and Christian turned around excitedly. I smiled. Ella, Lauren, Ashley, Jake, Kieran and Mari all walked through the door. It was nice to see that Kieran had invited Mari with him. I hadn’t seen much of the two recently and it was good to see they were both going strong. Christian turned towards Ella and picked her up by the waist, pushing his lips on hers passionately. Andy gagged next to me, making me giggle but the other kids ignored them. After all, I found it cute how teenage love could last that long. When they broke away, Christian looked between Ella and mum with a big grin on his face. He pulled them both into a big hug, and then moved on to his kids, hugging the boys and kissing the girls on the cheek. Ashley stood awkwardly on the side, not sure if Christian would include her, but she smiled when he did.

            “Let’s eat shall we?” Christian said after all the greeting had been done. Andy’s arm wound itself around my waist, pulling me to the foot of the table. I noticed the structure of where everyone sat at the table. The girls sat on one side of the table; Ella closest to Christian as head female, mum next to her and then the rest of the girls in age order after them. On the other side it was much the same except Jake sat closest to the head of the table. There was an empty chair next to Christian which I assumed was Andy’s as he was technically the prince and next in line. I blushed at the thought. He was prince. That was when I realised Andy was pulling me towards the foot of the table. My confusion was straightened out as I realised he had grabbed a chair from the foot of the table and was now carrying it to the head, with me in tow. Placing the chair next to his, he made a hand gesture for me to sit down and I blushed, taking the seat. Andy sat in the chair in between me and his father. Christian was smiling down at his son before my mum and Ella’s ‘aww-ing’ caused the table to laugh. I caught Andy looking down and slightly blushing as he smiled down at me.

            “Dig in!” Christian said happily when everyone got over Andy’s cuteness. There were instantly sounds of forks and knives clinking on the beautifully designed plates. I smiled at the peacefulness of it all.

---<>---

            Everyone had finished eating and my nerves had kicked into overdrive. How would they take it? Would mum disown me? Would Ella hate me? I hated having so many worries at once. One or two I could deal with, but this was an overload. It was too hard for a 16 year old girl to deal with. Everyone would think I was too young. I knew I would do everything I could for this kid, even at my age. I knew Andy would do whatever he could and I was incredibly grateful. I was glad he wasn’t just some normal guy. I was pulled out of my thinking by an expectant cough. I started to panic.