Chapter 13

Read authors note at the end please!    Also, read XxxAddieKittenxxX's stories! They are amazing! She's dedicated!

“Come on babe, you can do it! You’re literally almost there!” I encouraged as my girlfriend screamed in pain. Tears were running down her face and she was sweating to the extreme. Her eyes were shut tight as she squeezed my hand as hard as she could. I felt the bones snap before from her squeezing, but I was putting up with it. It wouldn’t take long for the bones to heal anyway. The doctors were shouting orders at one another at the bottom of the bed, but I wasn’t listening to what they were saying.

            Jess screamed a bloodcurdling scream and both her mum and my mum broke into tears. Ashley stood there with terror in her eyes as she looked between what the doctors were doing and both mine and Jess’s agonised faces. I beckoned her over and she jogged as fast as she could before nudging my hand away.

            “Yours is obviously broken. Stop offering her it or it’s going to get worse.” Ash whispered as Jess screamed. I nodded before walking slowly towards out parents. I hugged my mum softly, crying onto her shoulder. My hand was in agony, but that’s not why I was surrendering into tears. I felt terrible for putting Jess through the pain.

            “Oh my fucking god, Andy! You need medical attention for your hand!” My mum whispered frantically. That was the first time I looked at my hand. The first thing I noticed was the skin torn and bloody and a little white bone sticking slightly out of the skin. I shook my head.

            “Jess needs the help now.” I said confidently. I heard the doctors telling her to push, but she was protesting and crying. I felt bad for not being there for her. I walked back over to the bed and kissed Jess’s sweating forward. “Listen, I know how hard this must be for you. I really, really love you and I swear to god, the pain will be over quicker if you just push. I’m here and I will help as much as I possibly can. Take my hand and feel free to break it if you really have to. I’ll do anything. Just try and relax as much as you can and push babe.” I whispered into her ear. Her eyes opened slightly as she looked into my eyes. I looked lovingly back into hers before pressing my lips softly on her lips momentarily. It felt like time had slowed down for that moment. Jess had stopped crying and I heard no screaming from the doctors. “Ready? 1… 2… and 3.” I counted her in. She pushed as hard as she could but it wasn’t enough. “Again, love.” I told her and she nodded before pushing even harder.

The breath of relief I heard from her confirmed everything. She had done it. The doctors hugged each other in celebration as one doctor held a bloody baby. The nurse holding it looked up at me before beckoning me over. I walked over slowly, wondering what she wanted. As I stood in front of Jess’s open legs, I saw the little bloody ball that was my child. It was whimpering ever so slightly. I looked at the nurse who was smiling. I looked back at the baby that was cradled ever so slightly in the nurse’s arms as she handed me a pair of medical scissors. I looked at her terrified and I gave her a look of uncertainty.

“Cut there.” She said positioning the scissors with a free hand as the other held the head of my child. I nodded and held the scissors with my non-broken hand. Pushing down on the handles, I cut the umbilical cord connecting Jess and my baby. The nurse’s hands held the baby’s legs in front of where I really wanted to see to see the gender. She must have realised before moving her hand and the baby’s legs.

It was a girl. I had a daughter.

“I’m just going to take it to go get washed up, weighed and put in a blanket. I’ll bring the paperwork.” The nurse said to me and I nodded, before walking back up to Jess with tears in my eyes. I hugged her lightly, placing a firm kiss on her wet lips.

“I love you so fucking much.” I told her and Jess laughed. She really laughed. I smiled and kissed her cheek. “Guess what?” I told her with a smile.

“What?” She asked tiredly but equally as playfully.

“We have a daughter.” I told her and she smiled so big and pulled me closer. I tried to catch myself so I wouldn’t fall on her but I used my broken hand. “Fuck…” I whispered, but Jess noticed. She looked at me before looking down at my hand.

“Oh my fucking god. I’m so sorry!” She stressed and I laughed.

“It’s fine babe.” I told her, kissing her again. “It’ll heal!” I said with a laugh.

“You should have told me I was hurting you that much! The bone is fucking sticking out?” She replied in her worn out but amused voice.

“Oh right, I’m going to tell you that you’re hurting me when you are screaming in pain and pushing a baby out of your-“ she cut me off by clamping her hand on my mouth, gesturing to our parents. Oh. Woops.

The nurse came back in holding a pink blanket in a bundle and a couple of formal looking forms. As she handed Jess the bundle, I realised that our baby was wrapped firmly in there. “She’s perfect weight, her health is perfect and she’s definitely a fighter. She tried to bite us when we wrapped her up.” The nurse laughed. I looked down at her lovingly as our parents and Ashley came over to see.

“So she’s a vampire?” Jess asked smiling and the nurse nodded.

“75% yes.” She clarified. Wait, 75%?

“What’s the other 25?” I asked, doing the maths in my head.

“Bits and pieces of other random things. She has a little human part from her mother. The most interesting is part werewolf…” The nurse trailed off and I looked at dad who just walked in the door.

“That would be from me. Sorry son.” My father said with a grin. I nodded, focussing on my beautiful daughter.

“Do you have a name for her yet?” The nurse asked and I shook my head. I turned to Jess who just looked back at me.

“Andy, you name her.” Jess told me with a grin. I looked at her shocked. She really wanted me to name our daughter? “I’m sure! Don’t look at me like that!” She said with a giggle.

“Arianna. Her name is Arianna.” I told the nurse.

A/N: Hey guys!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's really short, but I wanted the next chapter to be about them taking her home! I hope you liked this! Remember, I post about 30-35 chapters per book, so I'm almost halfway there! After this one, that's going to be the end, although I've been thinking of doing a prequel... Like when Jess and Andy were just kids? Lemme know!!!

Love, Jess xoxoxox