Chapter 19

“Hello?”

            “Hi, my name’s Jess… I uh, I was supposed to come in for a job interview today. I’m extremely sorry but I’m going to have to cancel as I’m quite sick. I’m hoping you’ll be able to reschedule…?” I asked. You could hear the shaking in my voice, but unfortunately, I couldn’t do anything about it.

            “Uh, yeah sure… I’m sure we could work something out!” A cheerful female voice told me from the other side. “Give us a call when you are all better and we can give a reschedule a go!” She continued and I could hear the smile in her voice. A smile covered my face as I nodded; then realising she couldn’t see me, I replied properly.

            “Oh my gosh, thank you so much!” I gushed and she giggled.

            “Anyway, thanks for your call! I hope to see you soon in the future!” I quickly hung up the phone and looked at Andy who was sitting next to me on the couch.

            “What did she say?” He asked with a worried expression. I smiled and nodded.

            “She was fine with it. I just have to call up when I’m feeling better and they’ll schedule it again.” I informed him. He smiled before picking up a blanket he had on the couch next to him and covering my body with it. As I cuddled into the soft fabric, Arianna came running in the room carrying her little toy pony. I tuned out as she started explaining something to Andy in her small vocabulary.

            “I think you should show your mum too.” Andy said softly. I heard his chuckle before I felt a little hand shaking me awake.

            “Mummy…” I opened my eyes to be met with Arianna’s little bright blue ones. “Look pony!” She exclaimed, holding up her toy for me to see. I nodded and gave her a smile.

            “Can it go fast?” I asked and she nodded and put the toy on the ground. She started making it run, gliding it over the wooden floor boards. I let out a small giggle and looked over at Andy, who was looking at our daughter lovingly. I smiled. This is perfect.

~~~<>~~~

*Andy’s P.O.V*

            “Rina, what movie do you want to watch?” I asked her as she ran shakily to the book shelf where we kept our movies. As she looked through the various titles, I moved closer to Jess as she relaxed on the couch with her eyes closed. “You okay babe?” I asked. I noticed the small of blood on her, but I knew she was on her period and I tried my hardest to ignore it.

            “I’m fine Andy.” She said before opening her eyes. She smiled before her eyes caught mine. Oh shit. “Andy, your eyes are really dark. I’m sorry, I know you can small it. Please go feed yourself? I’ll take care of Arianna.” She said and I chuckled.

            “Only you, Jess.” I said laughing. She gave me a confused look and I rolled my eyes. “You are the only person to care more about others when you are the one that needs help. I’m fine, and it’s ok. I’ll manage. We’ve got blood bags in the fridge anyway.” I said simply and Jess nodded. As Rina came running over to us, I saw what she was carrying. Damn, she found the fucking Barbie movie I hid from her.

            “Daddy, I want to watch this!” She exclaimed in broken baby English. I nodded and managed to hold back my groan as I got up to put the disk in. I heard Jess giggle and I knew that she knew what I was thinking. I turned and gave her a smirk which made her giggle more. As I slid the disk into the player, Jess switched the TV to the right channel and I saw the opening sequence come up.