Chapter 6

"What did you think of me when we reunited?" Andy asked quietly, mumbling into the back if my head. We laid spooning on the bed; me being the little spoon.

            "Well, from what I can remember, I knew you were somewhat different from all the other boys, but you were the same boy I met when I was younger." I answered honestly. He chuckled but it was muffled.

            "What do you mean 'were the same boy'? I'm still a boy...?" He whispered amusedly. I giggled quietly.

            "No, sorry to break it to you but you're a man now." I replied with a smile.

            "Yeah so you're a lady now. You're my lady." He said the last sentence barely audible. I smiled at his way of saying I'm his. I nodded slightly, with the back of my head resting on his chest.

            Birds outside could be heard chirping away happily at the start of a new day. I closed my eyes and relaxed, hearing the birds and Andy's soft breathing and occasional heartbeat.

            "You know, I'm glad about the way things turned out." Andy whispered. It sounded kind of like he was talking to himself but I knew he wanted me to reply.

            "What do you mean?" I asked.

            "I mean like the way I eventually got you. I remember as a little boy, I always thought you were a very special girl and I wanted to be able to look at you one day, the same way my dad looks at my mum. I wanted to be able to kiss you and call you mine. But when we left, I kind of lost hope. As I got older, I wanted to go see you but mum said it wouldn't be safe. She explained about your terminated vampire side and I agreed to keep my distance. I hated what I was and would never wish it upon you. When I saw you were starting at my school though, I just couldn't keep away. Now, I'm glad I didn't." He mumbled sweetly into my hair. I felt my heart swelling and it felt like a million little butterflies had taken over my stomach, but I hid the feeling.

            "I'm glad you didn't stay away either." I told him. He shifted his weight behind me and then propped himself up on his elbow. He bent his head and started placing little tender kisses down my neck. I shivered at the touch before turning my head, meeting his lips with mine. “Wait. Why did you hate what you are? What you are makes you… you.” I said looking into his eyes as his head hovered over mine. He thought for a second before replying.

            “I thought I was a monster. I still do, but you are constantly telling me otherwise so I have to pretend I’m listening and accept myself.” He said with a cheeky smirk.

            “Oh so you aren’t really listening? Is that what you’re saying?” I asked with the same amused grin. He nodded and leant down giving my quick kisses. He smiled into my lips as he placed multiple kisses.

            “Yep, that’s exactly what I’m saying. But you love me so you don’t care.” He said in between kisses. I giggled and pulled his face down by his hair. “By the way, I want to apologize for yesterday. I really have no clue how I should be acting now and I’m a bit scattered.” He said, putting his serious face on. I shrugged.

            “It’s ok. I understand.” I said and he smiled lovingly down at me. I smiled. Every time he looks at me, I can’t even think straight, let alone with the face he’s giving me now. “While we are both here, do you want to talk about names or should we leave that until later. I just can’t wait to have the conversation with you.” I confessed. He chuckled.

            “Yeah sure, start us off! Girl or boy?” He whispered and I remembered that we were still supposed to be quiet as it was only 7am.