Chapter 5

A/N: This chapter was written while I was waiting in line for the All Time Low concert! :D haha, they were fucking amazing, so if you ever get the chance to see them, don't miss it!

*Jess's P.O.V*

               It had been two weeks since Andy and I told our parents. My mum was very happy about it (surprisingly) but I can't say the same about Ella. You could see that she wanted to be happy about it, but she just couldn't. I had seen my mum trying to comfort her about the situation, but I knew that nothing came out of it. Ella just wasn't keen on the idea, and that was understandable. I just hoped she didn't end up hating me or her son. Andy had been taking it hardly. He would lock himself up in his room for hours, not talking to anyone at all. I had no clue what he was doing in there but he'd always come out and kiss and hug me before asking me if I wanted to watch a movie or go for a walk. Then when we finish the movie or come home, he would say he's tired and would go back to bed.

               He'd wait for his skin to go deathly white before he would feed himself, although he'd always made sure I was fed frequently (even though I wouldn't know when he'd feed me). To be honest, I was scared for him. He'd always be happy and this was the first time I'd seen him properly shook up; like right now, I had no clue where he was.

               I heard the door open then shut in the living room from the bedroom, so I got up from the bed and went to see if it was Andy, or just Gab the housekeeper. As I rounded the corner, I almost walked into something.  Someone.

               "Oh Jess! Hello honey, I'm just going to make the beds and clean the living room. Are you okay? Do you need anything?” Gab asked. I shook my head.

               "No thanks! I'm fine, just waiting for Andy to come back. Have you seen him anywhere?" I asked. Her face turned thoughtful for a second before shaking her head.

               "No I haven't seen him, but I would expect that he was hunting. No need to worry young one." She responded. I nodded and smiled. Gab was awesome. She was like my mother here. She was human; which wasn't a normal thing around here, although her family were vampires. It just happened that her mother had an affair with a human guy and Gab turned out to be human. I liked talking to her though. She would tell me a new story every time we sat down and talked. If Andy came home while Gab was still speaking, even he would sit down next to me and listen. She has the best stories.

               Gab gave me a small hug before smiling at me and saying a few words to the baby inside me (as she always does) as she walked towards the bedroom to make the beds. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Flipping through the channels, nothing was on so I switched it back off. Everything gets so boring here by yourself.  "Hey Gab?" I called out.

               She stuck her head out from the bedroom and looked at me questionably with a smile. "Yes young one?" She asked. I smiled at her nickname for me.

               "When you're done, could you tell me a story until Andy comes back? If you're too busy, don't worry about it." I asked, but Gab just smiled and nodded. Sometimes I though she loved telling me stories as much as I loved listening to them.

               I sat on the couch and waited for her to finish up. It didn't take long, but when she sat down, I sat up excitedly and got ready to listen. When she started, all my worries were lifted.

               “It all started on a cold winter day. It was raining and the wind picked up every now and then, but it was peaceful in a way. Well, it would have been if I had not been walking on the only main road in the town I grew up in. Cars were zooming past, coming from either way and sending bursts of overflowing water towards me. I was absolutely soaked; but as I always do, I kept seeing the positive side of the situation.