Chapter 1- Hello Kitten.

Chapter 1  

(SUPRISE!)

"Why do I even bother?" Niall thought, as he picked up his scattered things from the hallway floor that some asshole of a Jock had so kindly knocked out of his hands. After picking up everything, he stood up, shutting his locker for the last time. 

Finally the last day of school had come; senior year was over. Fortunately for Niall, seeing as he didn't think he could take anymore crap from people.

Niall walked outside, turning around to look at the hell-hole he had been forced to go to the past four years. Shaking his head, not wanting to dwell on the past, he turned around. As he walked towards the school gates, he silently prayed for a better future.

Niall stuck headphones into his ears, letting One Republic's, Counting Stars, flood through the ear buds.

"Lately I've been,
I've been loosing sleep,
dreaming about the things
that we could be.
But baby I've been,
I've been praying hard.
Said no more counting dollars,
we'll be,
we'll be counting stars."

Bobbing his head along to the words Niall began to walk home, getting lost in the music.

Niall kicked at the loose gravel along the sidewalk, thinking of the endless graduation parties going on. Parties weren't his thing -not that he'd ever get invited to one- but he prefered a good book, over alcohol and dancing.

As time went on, he found himself at a fork in the road. To the left was the entrance to the more rugged, less populated area of town -yet a shorter walk- or the right, which held the big, Manhattan like bridge where he'd have to walk an extra hour to get home.

Biting his lip, he veered left, pulling his coat closer around his body. Warily, he began to progress down the street, becoming aware of his surroundings, taking in every sound and small movement.  

"B-Better safe t-than sorry" he muttered to himself, cursing his slight stutter problem as he passed a small alleyway. 

He felt his palms moistening as he heard a small, muted whimper emit from the direction of the alleyway. Being the large hearted lad he was -despite how horrible he was treated- he ignored his brain and took a step into the alley. 

"H-hello?" he muttered, feeling a bit stupid. As he walked past a large, garbage bin, another whimper sounded, echoing through the small corridor. He turned to his right, seeing a small figure curled into a ball. 

"Ehm.. are you o-okay?" he questioned, crouching down in front of the person . Upon closer proximity, he noticed a pair of triangular shaped, tan ears sprouting from a mop of mess brown tendrils.  

"Ah.. a hybrid." Niall thought, remembering reading something in the paper about them. 

A mumble escaped the boy, sounding sort of like "smergy" to Niall. 

"C-come again?" he said moving an inch closer. 

A pair of wide blue eyes, looked into Niall's own. 

"H-Hello Kitten" Niall said with a slight smile, not knowing what to say. 

"I'm sorry" the hybrid whispered, looking down to pick at his striped shirt. 

This cause Niall to cock his head to the side, what was he sorry about? He never got the chance to dwell on it, due to a cloth being pressed to his mouth. At first Niall struggled as arms crushed his body. After a few minutes he calmed down, feeling drowsy, his eyes fluttering.

"You earned you freedom.. for now. Run along you mutt, if I ever see you again, your mine." A man spat at the striped shirt hybrid, who nodded before scurrying away.

The man then grunted before walking away, with an unconscious Niall heaved over his shoulder.

><><><><><><>< 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update!! 

I hadn't realize how many comments/ reads/ votes this had gotten. I plan to update every other day until school starts, then it'll be once a week.

REMEMBER! 

1)Niall has a minor stuttering issue. 

2)Niall is 17, four months away from being eighteen :).

ID LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK THIS CUP OF TEA AND PACKET OF RICOLAS FOR HELPING ME WRITE THIS CHAPPY. I'm sick :/ 

If I get a nice comment... I'll do a double update! 

YES that means I've already written Chapter 2 :o

I've written Chapter 1 and 2 for this book

and 2 new imagines :o its 4:25am and I'm honestly beat. Goodnight beautifuls!

Sorry all updates wont have this long of an Authors note! 

Stay Lovely  

-Beard Out! xx