Chapter 13- The way you do the things you do

Chapter 13
Harry's POV

"How could you?" Zayn shouted at Leeroy. "and you, my own sister." he continued, spinning around to face Veronica. Niall hid behind me, instantly making me feel bad. Wanting the get the situation I cleared my throat. "What's going on guys?" Liam then turned to me and let out a deep sigh. "Basically, we walked in on Leeroy and Veronica kissing and Zayn

here is overreacting."

You know how in cartoons when someone gets mad and steam blows out of their ears? Yeah, well that was what Zayn looked like, his face turning red. He looked as if he was about to shout until he was interrupted by a quiet voice. "Zayn?" I turned to see that Niall had came from behind me and was now nervously fittling with his tail and biting his lip. A felt a sort of fire emerge within me at the sight of him.. his innocence. I swear this boy will be the death of me.

I shot Zayn a look, warning him to keep his temper on the low. If he so much as made Niall frown I'd throw him out until he'd gotten his temper under control, friend or not.

"What if, " Niall said after Zayn looked at him. " What if they make eachother happy. I mean doesn't everyone deserve to be happy? Plus, judging by how they look at eachother.. they care about eachother and if you don't accept this, then you'll end up pushing them both away."

After Nialls little speech, Zayns eyes softened. I watched in awe as Zayn turned to face Leeroy and Veronica and apologized. with Zayns temper, it would take a few days for him to blow off some steam then return to normal, but within the span of two minutes Niall had managed to calm him down.

They continued to talk it out, Zayn claiming he was fine with it, he just needed some time to adjust. I understood that Zayn was just majorly protective of his little sister, and so did Leeroy who smiled and nodded understandingly.

For that second I was completely consumed with a warm feeling in my chest as a I watched Niall interacting, acting as a peace maker between my friends. It wasn't love, well it was too soon to tell, but I definitely had feelings for this boy.

---------

"Bye!" Niall said, smiling as Zayn, Liam, Leeroy, and Veronica walked out of the front door. I sat on the couch smiling at him. He turned to face me after shutting the door and cocked his head to the side.

"What is it?" he said, blushing and reaching for his tail out of habit. "Nothing," I said before motioning him over with my finger, "c'mere" I said

with a lazy smile. He walked over to me,  sitting down next to me focusing his eyes on the movie in front of him. "What is this movie?" he asked.

I glanced at him, quirking an eyebrow. "You've never seen it? Its called The Lucky One. " I stated ... Yeah yeah I know. I'm a sucker for chick flicks.

As the credits rolled down the screen, tears rolled down Nialls face. He ended up laying his head in my lap, whilst I mindlessly ran my fingers threw his hair. I didn't really pay attention to the movie, so I can't tell you what happened but I can sure tell you one thing, seeing Niall cry is like kicking an injured puppy.

We sat like that for what seemed like forever, as the next movie came on (Brave.) Niall smiled, watching Merida run around , saving her mum. I looked down to see Niall fast asleep. I smiled, picking him up ever so gently and holding him against my chest.

This was one of those moments that you just can't forget. As I felt his warm body pressed against mine, the prominent beating of his heart pressed against my chest, I realized that despite the different species, our heartbeats were perfectly in tune.

I walked into my bedroom, setting Niall down. I stood up, going to take a shower when a hand came out and grabbed my wrist.

"Stay." Niall whispered, looking up at me with beautiful blue orbs. I couldn't resist so I climbed in, after shedding my shirt and pants, leaving me in my boxers.

Niall scooted against me, drowsily murmuring "Can you sing?" I smiled and thought of a song before beginning to sing.

" Going back to the corner where I first saw you
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move
Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand
Saying, "If you see this girl can you tell her where I am?"

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand
I'm not broke – I'm just a broken-hearted man
I know it makes no sense but what else can I do?
How can I move on when I'm still in love with you?

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

So I'm not moving, I'm not moving

Policeman says, "Son, you can't stay here."
I said, "There's someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year.
Gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows.
If she changes her mind this is the first place she will go."

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.

So I'm not moving, I'm not moving,
I'm not moving, I'm not moving

People talk about the guy that's waiting on a girl
There are no holes in his shoes but a big hole in his world

And maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved
Maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news
And you'll come running to the corner
'Cause you'll know it's just for you
I'm the man who can't be moved

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

So I'm not moving, I'm not moving.
I'm not moving, I'm not moving

Going back to the corner where I first saw you
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move..."

Oh Niall... the things you do to me.

I closed my eyes and succumbed to the blissful sleep, with my arms wrapped around the boy I found completely irresistible.

A/N:

Okay feedback? :)