Chapter 2

"For your last grade of this school year, you will be performing something of your choice," explained my music teacher, Ms. Sonia. " You may do a solo, duet, or small group. Your performance is in a week. Remember all we have learned this year. Posture, performance, vowels, and diction," We nodded in agreement. Aisha winked at me. Of course, we three, wait no two, would be performing together. But who would come up with our stellar idea? I looked over to Meera who pretended not see me looking. I walked over while Aisha wasn't looking.

"You alright?"

"We always knew she was like this. She can't bear seeing someone happy for once. Ryan and I were going to make it official, you know. Actually, we still will; I told him everything. Apparently, she tried making a move on him behind my back. Why am I not surprised?" She let out her feelings in one breath.

"I know. I just can't can't believe she would stoop so low. Whatever she does, I am still there for you." I wrapped her in a big bear hug. Aisha couldn't control everyone, we would always be there for each other.

Ryan Sharma was one of the popular guys. He was athletic and musically talented, not to mention well in his studies. With a brownie point for his good looks, he was a complete package. Meera gushed over him since 6th grade. For four years she had a crush on him and he didn't even know her name. It was a shock to all of us when he sat next to her on the first day of school this year. He began talking to her like he knew her forever and it just so happened that they had many of their classes together. At first Meera was nervous to talk to him; however, it turned out that he was equally nervous. Meera almost died when Ryan told her that he had been crushing on her since the start of high school. Since then, they have grown very close to each other. 

Ryan walked up from behind Meera, closing her eyes. "Guess who!" Meera's face lit up a thousand volts seeing him. "Don't worry about Aisha. We will work together to give a dhamakedar performance." Meera only giggled and nodded.

"Awwww....sing Bolna," I suggested.

"Hmmm... chhuteya na chute mose rang tera dolna...." Ryan and Meera stared into each other's eyes as he sang. I already knew they would be one of those couples where people would be like "Woah! They're still together?"

"Welcome!" Ms.Sonia exclaimed in her inviting voice. She was a very jolly person, only in her third year of teaching. The newest teachers were always the best in connecting with students. She acknowledged us next. "Give our new student, Vicky Nanda, a warm welcome." Scattered "Hi's", "Welcomes", and "What's up?" resounded throughout the class.

"I'm Aisha. Come and sit with us." So this was obviously the new boy she was talking about. Ms.Sonia nodded in agreement and he took a seat next to her. His black hair stood up, styled to perfection. I stared at him longer, while Ms.Sonia explained the assignment all over again to Vicky. He narrowed his eyes listening carefully. He had broad shoulders, was average in height, with just the slightest muscle. I averted my eyes, just as he looked at me. Aisha looked up and gestured towards him smiling. He was the replacement.