Chapter 4

Lush green grass groomed the hills. The light breeze caused my long hair to fly behind me. The large English Oak provided a shade for the extravagant picnic that was set up. A river ran nearby, its fish and water critters singing along to the calming rhythm of the water. A soothing and sweet smell filled the air, a bliss to my nose. I turned around to a huge bouquet of roses that covered the face of the person who brought them. I tried to get a peek, but to no avail.
"Who are you?" I questioned. The figure, ever so antagonizing, slowly brought the bouquet down its face. It's hair was styled up to perfection, eyes glimmering with love and affection, and a nose slightly sharp. It's soft pink lips formed a smile.
Vicky.
I smiled back at him, my heart rate increasing each beat. We started walking towards each other to close the gap between us. I knew our meeting was destined. We were meant to be together forever. To be the one to share each others feelings with, to experience the ups and downs of life. We were only a couple yards away from each other when a third voice joined us.

"STOP!"

She was in a red dress that stopped way too early, showcasing her long legs and left little to imangine. She wore heavy mascara, earrings longer than snakes, and red lipstick brighter than fresh blood. "Come here," she cooed as if talking to her pet cat. Vicky brushed past me getting drawn by an unknown force. He steadily walked towards her and interlocked his hands with hers, as if in a trance. She smirked at me,"Ciao!" The two walked back hands interlocked, without giving me a second glance. The light bulb went off in my head, recognizing the voice. Aisha.
The light breeze had become an angry storm. My hair whipped my face, scaring it. The grass beneath me was burning like fire, getting redder each second. The Oak's long branches twisted around me, squeezing the air out of me. The river was growing larger, fierce and aggressive. It pounced on the entire scene, engulfing it like prey. The disappointment, betrayal, and newfound loneliness drowned with me in the water. As I wilted away, I saw nothing but fresh red blood.

Jhelum...jhelum....laal laal hua, laal laal hua, laal laal hua laal (The river's water...the rivers water....became red, became red, all of it became red)

I woke with a start, shutting the alarm on my phone. Vicky was in my dream. We were so close and it felt exhilarating. I don't even like Vicky, though. Why did it feel so right? Even if we were together, why, out of all people, was Aisha the one to separate us? I am out of my mind. Aisha would never do something like that, especially not with me. I pushed the confounding dream out and prepared for dance class.

During dance I went over the dream with Meera, while Aisha wasn't looking. She understood Aisha's appearance and didn't leave the chance to tease me about Vicky. I somehow shut her up.

I had settled down with a snack after coming back from dance and completing all my work for the weekend when my phone buzzed. It was a text on Whatsapp from Vicky.

Vicky - Heyyy

Wow, he actually remembered me. I quickly typed a reply.

Me - Heyyy

As I waited for his reply, I couldn't help but remember the dream again.

Vicky - Wassup?

Me - Got bck from dance u?

Vicky - Wanna hangout? Lol I'm so bored

He wants to hangout? Hmm....

Me - I c lol me too