Chapter 8

Just as I reached to open the door, the face I so despised at the moment walked out. Vicky stood in front of the door, blocking my way in. My face was set in a grim expression, "Let me go."

He didn't budge, "No, listen to me."

I shook my head violently, rejecting his request. I whispered, "I'm done with you."

The door slightly opened, making Vicky move, but before I could make my exit, Ms.Sonia popped out. "Ariya, I know you are confused. But, please listen to Vicky. I know you will want to hear this." My eyes watered again. "You are hurt and you should be, that's okay. Listen to him, for my sake if not your own. You trust me, right?" I reluctantly nodded. Ms.Sonia and I always shared a commendable rapport. We were quite casual with each other and she had even given me helpful advice on numerous occasions. She addressed Vicky, "Don't disappoint me. I'll send Meera and Ryan out soon." He looked up at her gratefully. With that, she left us alone in the hallway.

Vicky looked at me expectantly. "I give you five minutes," his face was irritating me at the moment. I suppressed the urge to punch him in the face.

"Hey, are you alright, Vicky?" Ryan came out with Meera trailing behind.

"Doesn't matter how he is. He's a cheater and a fraud," I cut in.

Ryan gave Vicky a sympathetic look. Meera, too, sided with the boys. Wait till they find out who he really is. "You didn't tell her yet, did you?" He shook his head.

"This is something you really want to hear," Meera's words paralleled with Ms.Sonia's.

'Whatever, the clock's ticking."

Vicky took a deep breath, "So here goes..."

VICKY'S POV

I was fitting in this school well. The teachers were great, the school was top-notch, and so were most of the kids. Ryan and I got along so well. I saw genuine love for Meera in his eyes, which made me like him more. Aisha had given me a warm welcome on my first day and invited me to work with her for the performance. Even though she was the "popular" girl, I hoped that she would be different from the rest. I never had gotten along with those type of people, regardless of gender. I had always found that I'd rather have a few friends that I could trust and be myself around than surround myself with countless fake and unfaithful friends.

I didn't want to go to her house with Aisha that day, thinking she was just another "popular" girl. I didn't realize it at first, but we had so much in common. Her every word and movement caught my eye that day and I was left spellbound when I spent time with her alone. Through texts, classes, and conversation, I began to relate everything to her. She wouldn't leave my mind. My Bollywood roots dug down deep, having heard my parent's story many times and I knew this was it. I thought my story was beginning with her. Ariya. Oh, Ariya's smile, Ariya's dance moves, Ariyas's dialoguebaazi - it was all too much for me to take in. I was completely smitten by her.

I was waiting for Ariya in the hallway, the other day, when Aisha came to me. She had a huge grin plastered on her face. Wonder what she was so excited about. "Heyyyyy," she stretched out her greeting.

"Hey"

"What are you doing here?" she flirtatiously said.

"Waiting for Ariya"

We conversed for a minute or two before she popped the question, "The End of the Year Dance is next week. Will you go with me?" With Aisha? If I wanted to go with anyone, it would have to be Ariya. I told her the same. She laughed and put her arm on my shoulder. "Oh, baby. You are going with me." I laughed with her, assuming it's a joke. "Vicky, let's go. I have to talk to you about something." She had both her arms on me by now.