Chapter 13

ARIYA'S POV

"This place is magnificent," I adored the huge manor. Both the bride and groom's families were staying at Lake George Manor. It was situated in front of Lake George, enclosed by nature. It had a grand look and the house itself had multiple bedrooms with bathrooms, a huge kitchen, living room, and a recreational room. It was spacious enough to fit all of us and there was going to be a lot of us. The four of us with all of our parents were lodging here and there was another family from Ryan's side joining us, whom I wasn't aware of.

"This is feels like a dream," Meera gushed while walking around.

"Totally," Ryan said sarcastically. He was loaded with heavy suitcases. "What groom works at his own wedding?" Meera and I laughed.

"Ryan, come take the bags!" Isha Aunty, his mother, called for him from outside. He groaned, wiping the sweat off his face.

We continued exploring the manor and chose the bedroom Aisha, Meera, and I would be sharing. "When is Aisha coming?"

"She'll be here later in the evening once she closes up the boutique for the week," I replied.

"Meera! Ariya! Come down to eat beta!" our mothers called. We went down to the dining room.

All of our parents and Ryan were seated at the long wooden table. I noticed the meal for the evening, "Aloo ke parathe! (Flatbread stuffed with potatoes)" I rushed to my seat and served myself the delicious food. The elders laughed at my antics.

"Uffo, aise harkaato ke saath kaise shaadhi hogi iski? (How is she going to get married with such behavior)?" My mother, Anjali, complained.

"Bikul! Meera ke baad toh Ariya ki baari hai. (Of course! After Meera, it's Ariya's turn.)" Maanika Aunty agreed with my mom.

"Ma! Mhuje shaadhi nahi karni. (Mom! I don't want to get married.)"

"Puri zindagi mere saar pe bethogi? (Will you sit on my head your entire life?)" my dad, Rahul, joked.

"Kyu nahi Papa? Aur phir mhuje koi shaadhi vaadhi ki zarvaat nahi hai. Meera hai, Aisha hai, aur Ryan bhi hai. (Why not Papa? And I don't need any wedding. There's Meera, there's Aisha, and there's Ryan.)" Everyone laughed at my reasoning.

"Kya baat hai! Aur main soochti thi ki sirf mere bete ko shaadhi nahi karni. (Wow! And I thought that my son was the only one that didn't want to get married.)" A new voice joined the table.

Our mothers greeted the woman and her husband. Isha Aunty introduced them to us kids, "Yeh hain Aditi aunty aur Rajesh uncle." We greeted them and they joined us to eat.

"Bache kaise hain?" Ma asked Aunty.

"Saab ache hain. Thodi der main chota wala aata hoga. Saari preperation main help karega."

"Bikul (of course) aunty. I'd love to work with him." We kept talking and joking together, the adults and youngsters joking alike. Aditi aunty and Rajesh uncle had many stories about their younger son.

"Waise naam nahi bataaya apne bete ka. (Anyway, you haven't told us your son's name.)"

"Vicky" I suddenly felt very uneasy between everyone, the name sinking into my system. I was sitting with Vicky's parents and Vicky was soon going to be here. I never told my parents about what happened between us, though they are aware I knew him at one point. My eyes met Meera and Ryan's and they both just shrugged their shoulders. If these two weren't the bride and groom, I swear I would've killed them right there. They didn't tell me Vicky's parents would be staying with us as well.

I got up from the table, "I'm going to lay down. I don't feel too well."

Ma put her hand on my forehead, "Kya hua? Abhi toh theek thi. (What happened? You were fine just a minute ago.)"