Chapter 14

VICKY'S POV

"No one listens to me!" Meera threw herself on the sofa. She was tearing up, "I'm the bride! Everyone should listen to me!"

"I never said I won't listen to you. I'm going out to do the list of things you gave me."

"NOOOO!!!!" she whined. "I want you AND ARIYA to go do the list of things I gave you."

"Meera!" I protested.

"There's a lot of little details that need to be taken care of which Ariya knows," she argued.

"Just tell me those details. There's nothing that I can't handle."

"What happened, guys. Why are you fighting like five year olds?" Maanika Aunty entered the living room.

"Vicky isn't doing what I am saying!" she complained.

"Vicky!" Aunty mock scolded me.

"Aunty! I can do everything on my own. I don't need anyone else," I reasoned.

"Vicky, please!"

"Maan ja na, beta (Agree, son)!" Aunty requested.

"Fine, aunty, just for you."

Aunty walked away, chuckling at her daughter's childish behavior. Meera sat in triumph, rubbing her victory in my face.

"I'll be in the car. Tell her to hurry up." My voice was neutral as I exited the room. Meera only stuck her tongue out at me.

I leaned against my car, scrolling through my office emails, making sure everything was handled without me. It dawned on me that I was given an opportunity to open up to Ariya. I should take advantage of the situation to break the ice between us. She was going to be willing to, right?

Just then she came out wearing a flowery top and capris. Sunglasses on, purse hung on her shoulder, and car keys in hand, she unlocked her car. Opening the door, she got in, not giving me a second glance.

"Hey! We are going in my car," I waved to her from my place. Forget reply, she didn't even look at me. However she did come out of her car, thank god! She carried some bags and boxes from her car to mine.

"Open the trunk," she said. I obeyed, allowing her to put the bags and boxes in. "I have sample boxes that need to be returned to the mithai wala (sweets person), decorations that will be dropped at the event hall, and a finalized menu for the caterer." Her face emoted nothing as did her words.

We sat in the car and started our way. Ariya stared out the open window, her long hair flying. I couldn't think of what to say to her. I wanted to talk to her, but how? A light bulb went off. Music - the solution to everything. I played the Bollywood CD that I had.

Pink lips, pink lips, pal pal karte thujko miss. Na na na na.... (They miss you every moment)

Ariya had on an "Are you serious?" expression. I skipped the song.

Aaj phir tumpe pyaar aaya hai
I strongly feel love for you today
Aaj phir tumpe pyaar aaya hai
I strongly feel love for you today
Behad aur beshumar aaya hai
It's immense and immeasurable

This was even awkwarder. Pyar do door, yahan toh hi hello bhi nahi hora (Forget love, we aren't getting passed hi and hello). Skip!

Ang laga de, mohe ang lagade re
Touch me with your body, color me
Main toh tere joganiyan, tu jog laga de re
I have left the world for you, give me your wisdom

This was the limit. Ariya was uncomfortable to say the least. The atmosphere was so weird and intimate songs did not make it better.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Ariya again stared out the window. Thankfully, I was saved from further silence as we arrived at our first stop, Quality Sweets.