Chapter 22- Daisy

Chapter 22- Daisy

She is my best friend and she's not spoken to me in ages. 2 whole weeks of lost contact. It doesn't seem real to me, she's always talking to me. I just don't get it, I don't see that I've done anything wrong to deserve this. It's all Harry's fault in my eyes. Not even a single word, and not to mention she's also been spending 6 nights a week at Dan's. This place is mine and hers, why isn't she here like usual? I want her back at least. I miss watching Coronation Street with her and making fun out of the stupid actors on the show. I miss her and I want her to come back and speak to me. I don't know what I've done and I wont ever know if she never talks or explains it all to me.

This is supposed to be a month long holiday for us. We've been waiting for these 4 weeks for ages, working our arses off at uni until we got this break. It doesn't feel at all fun without Hailey being here and I've only got 2 more weeks left to fix it. 2 weeks left to fix us, it's going to be hard because obviously 2 weeks isn't long enough due to how fast the first 2 weeks of this holiday has suddenly flown by.

Without Hailey being in the house it seems a lot more quiet and cold. Yes, cold, it sounds silly but I've actually noticed a vast amount of warmth has left my room and all the rooms. Actually, thinking about that now, maybe Hailey has done something to the boiler to annoy me? She wouldn't do that. But, then she isn't talking to me, she's only in the house for about one day, maybe she's done this as an act of revenge on me? It's her house as well though, she wouldn't do something to the boiler because one day we'll be sorted and she'll come back, wanting to be warm as well. Oh, it's probably just me thinking it's gone cold due to how upset I've been.

"Argh." The same old usual Saturday wake up call from the loud postman, pushing all our horrible bills through the broken letter box we own. Why does he always make such a racket at such an early time in the morning? It's a bloody holiday and he's chosen to wake me up like this at 8:00? I might send in a complaint to be honest. 

I got up, putting on my man sized hoodie that I once got from Topshop and also a pair of fury slipper socks, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as I started my way downstairs. Instantly I saw a number of envelopes, loads and loads of them scattered across the floor. I've never had so much post. Most of them were for Hailey, obviously, but then a number of them were still for me. If a child came downstairs and saw all these on the floor they would instantly think "this is what it must be like for Santa Claus!". I'm not even exaggerating, there were hundreds of different sizes, colours and textures.

I had enough energy and bother in me that morning to organize them all in to 3 separate piles. One for me, one for Hailey (if she ever comes back to me), and one boring pile of bills- our bills are split between both me and Hailey, so I didn't put them in our separate piles.

I decided I wasn't in the mood to look at any of the bills I've some how forgotten to pay, so I left them on top of our microwave, next to Hailey's as I put the kettle on and sat by our kitchen table to read through this huge pile of letters for me. Hailey had a lot more in her pile, but that's only because her birthday is coming up, very soon infact. I really hope she forgives me before then because it's going to be her 19th and she's been planning to have some massive party for ages, where everyone goes- probably including Alice and even Hailey hates her for me.

The first one I opened was surprisingly one from my old care home, called "Newberry Fosters and Adoptions". I haven't heard anything from them since I first moved in with Anna and Steven (my first ever and last adoptive parents).  I read from the sturdy sheet I held in both hands:

"Dear Daisy Smith,

I hope you are enjoying your life at the moment, and your time at your university. We would just like to inform you that Anna Smith and Steven Smith have made a donation towards you and your work. They wished for us to give you the news of the recent transaction of over £1,000,000 that joined your bank balance the other day. Enjoy the cash :)