Chapter 29- Harry

Chapter 29- Harry

"That's not fair!"

"That's not fair? I see the way you look at him. I know...'cus you used to look at me that way."

"Leo...I...-"

"No..I just, just think we need to start being realistic. Your memory's not coming back. The fact is that I'm still just a stranger."

"I'm not trying to hurt you...but I'm just....I'm so tired of disappointing you."

"I know."

"I'm so sorry."

"I'll apologize to Gwen and Ryan."

"Oh, God, no. It's... fine. Wedding disasters have a way of turning into great stories. Eventually."

"How do you look at the girl you love and...tell yourself it's time to walk away?"

"Leo? I hope one day I can love the way that you love me."

"You figured it out once. You'll do it again."

"Are you alright?" I whispered to Daisy, rubbing her warm shoulder as she trembled in her seat, underneath the cosy duvet I bought down from upstairs.

Her makeup had been running all the way down her face, due to the soft cries she had been carrying out during the film so far. That scene was the worst. I'm glad I was manly enough to not cry myself, it was the saddest scene in the film.

"Yeah." Her head twisted in my direction. "I'm good thanks." Her smile made her cheeks even more flushed, as she wiped her eyes with her fist for about the 100th time already. 

As the film carried on, going in to the next scene where Leo goes in to his recording studio and starts playing the guitar, Daisy still wouldn't stop crying. She couldn't stop. I stared at her, not from the corner of my eye, but with my full attention. She may of been sobbing her eyes out but something about her acting that way made me feel happy inside. 

It made me feel like, if this ever happened in the future, if she ever does become more than a friend, then I could protect her, make her feel alright like she should feel. Like she should feel as if she's cared for and that she's looked after. I give her the full attention, subconscious, I do that anyway because she's the one I think about only but I feel as if I should give her more. Whenever I look in to her gorgeous eyes, whether she's happy or sad or anything else, she's always looking like she needs some love. If that's the truth then, I hope she notices I'm the one she needs. The one she could want and hope for, like I do for her.

"Come here." I told her, patting a space that was closer to me, on the sofa.

She slowly shuffled right up to me, the bottom of her back placed against my thigh, as she leant her head on my chest, her body tied up in a cuddle that was welcomed by my arms. I could feel her breaths, giving a nice feeling, as the draft drifted through my sheer white top, my skin tingled everytime it reached through. I carried on stroking her arm, hoping she'll stop crying. Even though I felt like I could help her as she cried, I still wanted her to stop. Seeing her sad is one of my weaknesses. 

"I'm going to get some tissue." She whispered in between damp snuffles. "I'll be back." Daisy slowly removed herself from underneath my thick duvet and jogged in to the hallway.

I wanted to stop the movie. I wanted to just hold her, calmy, in my arms until there was no sign of daylight outside. Then I'd let her home, satisfied. I wanted to so badly but I couldn't, because I've got to keep telling myself that, unfortunately, Daisy is just a friend at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. I've got to keep that in mind. The film was nearly at the end, anyway, and I'm pretty sure that coming from Daisy's point of view she'd find it weird if I had completely stopped the film. I paused it for her, at least, just so she didn't miss any more of the "Channing action" whilst she went to fetch her lot of tissues to clean her shiny face with.