Chapter 53- Harry

Chapter 53- Harry

It was Wednesday morning. She hadn't spoken to me since Monday, when I let Niall and Sophie on the phone. I shouldn't of let them speak to her, I knew something would come up that would hurt her or effect her. 

That night, when I hung up the phone, Daisy didn't respond to anything I was saying, she just drank her tea in the kitchen, texted some people on her phone and then went to bed- her own bed, not mine.

I couldn't sleep, and I haven't been able to without her by my side. It sounds stupid and silly but I think I got used to loving her being by me, waking up with a smile on my face, to see that she was fast asleep, on top of my body.

I missed it so much. I missed not talking to her over breakfast, I missed hearing about her obsession for dancing and I missed the deep, passionate conversations we would have in the evenings, about the way she knows pretty much every song there is, even the pop songs that she hates.

The whole of Tuesday, Daisy would be locked in her room, all by herself. It was raining the entire day, at least, so we couldn't do a great deal of things. She hadn't said a word, she couldn't look at me for some reason and she would reject every time I'd try to pull her in to a hug. It hurt me, it really did. It didn't hurt that she didn't want my touches, it hurt because I knew she was thinking about something that happened on Monday, when we were on the phone. It happened because Sophie mentioned the dress and Hailey's birthday.

Did I do something wrong? If I did then I wanted to know, but of course not matter how hard I'd try to get her to explain what had been going on, she'd run back up the stairs in silence. I wanted to help her, I didn't want her to be like this. I wanted every day of the holiday to be special and the whole of the Tuesday was wasted with me finding my head in my hands, waiting for the girl to come down those wooden steps.

On Wednesday, she had the courage to come down stairs to finally show her face. Daisy had found the vaccum cleaner and started cleaning up the floors, as I sat by the breakfast counter, watching her, waiting for her to react to whatever she was thinking about. 

It came to the moment where I had enough of worrying about her and anxiously waiting to ask her what was it that Sophie said on the phone, whatever my ears missed, that made her this inclosed. I got up from my stool, found the socket which the plug was attached to and yanked it out. 

"Harry." I walked back in, to see Daisy stood frozen still with her hands by her sides, and her eyes facing the floor. 

"Daisy, I need to know what's made you like this. I barely saw you yesterday and you're supposed to be enjoying the holiday, not stressing over it." I walked closer to her. 

"It's nothing, Harry." 

"But it is, isn't it. What have I done? I need to know, so that I can make it right."

"It's wasn't you Harry." I could tell she was getting angry at herself. She thought she'd get away with not talking to me, or having to explain but she was wrong. I had enough of not knowing what had upset her, to make her that way. "Can you plug the vacuum back in please?"

"Daisy, tell me, please." I grabbed her hand in mine, this time succsessfully, without having to worry about her's slipping from my grip. "I hate it when you're sad."

"I do too but I can't help it."

"Just tell me what it was." I pulled her closer, which made her green eyes finally look up to me. "I want to make it better."

A soft sigh escaped from her mouth yet her sight never left me. "When Sophie bought up the thing about Hailey's party... I thought about how I was such a bitch to you and it made me really upset that I judged you in that way and that I've only just gotten to know you and now look at me-"