Chapter 40- Daisy

Chapter 40- Daisy

She fucking hates me. It's been done this time, she's told me I'm not a good friend to her or others. She's told me she's had enough of everything. When I heard her say that to me, I wasn't scared by her meaning everything that's been going on, but everything- as in her life

Hailey's talked to me, before, about suicidie. It's a serious topic and I hate to talk about it from time to time. I hate to hear or to see how people can think that they need to be part of that community. No-body should be, even if they think they should. 

Once upon a time, I was in the same situation- thinking I should leave. I was standing on the edge, so close to falling. The fact that my best friend was the one who got my through the end of it all and now she's the one in my old position, makes me feel sick. It makes me feel terrible inside.

I discovered the answer as to why she hasn't eaten, the reason why I find boxes of empty pill boxes in our bathroom everyday. She wants to end her life...

Just like I did a couple of years back. It's so fucking bad, so heartbreaking. I can't loose another one of my friends, one of my supporters in my life. She can't do this. So many people love her, so many people are there for her that I wont let her do anything. I can't. 

I wouldn't be able to live anymore if she decided to leave me like that. 

"Hey." I turned round to find Harry smiling at me. He took the seat on the other side of the table, before laying the folded napkin on his lap.

"Hey. Thanks for coming." I tried to smile back at him. 

"No problem. I haven't been here in ages." His green eyes scanned the room, the light from the lovely bay windows reflecting a gorgerous pigmented colour.

I felt bad, as I saw him. I lied to him over the phone. I told him everything was fine, that Hailey was just ignoring me. That wasn't the truth. The truth is, is that the only reason why I asked if I could have lunch with him is because I needed someone elses company. I felt completely enervated around Hailey. I can't think about her the same way as I used to anymore, now that I figured her plans out.

"It seems like a nice place." I nodded at his words. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving." His eyes returned to me. "I've had a stressful morning." 

"Same here." I couldn't help but stare at my hands. The way my long fingers swirmed around with each other made me distracted. Thinking about Hailey again. I really shouldn't of left her in her room by herself. 

"What's wrong?" I looked up, only to find Harry's intense but caring stare peircing through me yet again. He can always read my thoughts and mind. He can always see when I'm upset, he's always there for me. 

"It's nothing, really." I gulped.

"You can talk to me."

"I don't know if I can." My head shook, looking down at my lap once again. 

"Do you know how committed I am to being a friend for you, Daisy?" I shook my head, wanting him to answer for me. "I would do anything just for you to trust me. I will do anything."

"Why me, though?" 

"You intrigue me." My eyes lifted to meet his green ones. "No other person has made me think this much in my entire life so far." 

My throat swelled up at his words. I didn't know what to answer. Hesitantly, I found my eyes looking under the table, just to see he was doing the same with his hands, figetting around awkwardly.