Chapter 48- Daisy

Chapter 48- Daisy

I kissed him. Not on the forehead, nose or cheek.

On the lips.

I did it to thank him, nothing less than that and nothing more. I had enough of him talking about how he wanted me to be safe and cared for, because I know that he cares for me. He worries about me, especially now, after I told him about my awful past. I know he does, not just because he keeps telling me but because I can tell every second of the day that he's thinking about if I'm alright or not. 

He doesn't think that I think about him. He doesn't think that I worry about him, also. But I do. I worry about how he cares for me so much, sometimes. I worry about whether he's doing too much for me, and yet too little for himself. He needs to take care of himself,  sometimes and I kissed him, to tell him that. To tell him a thank you for all the worrying and caring he's done, but also telling him it's time to think more for himself, rather than me. 

I don't really need to be cared for. Well, I do but I don't want to be. I don't want to have a parent peering over at everything I do, making sure that I'm okay, because I am. I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine.

But the way he cares for me is so sweet and cherishing, that it doesn't feel like an overseeing parent.

I love the way he cares for me, when it's both secret and obvious. I can't admit that to him, because I'd be too embarrased. But I'm completely and utterly grateful for him being here and there.

The way Harry looked so shocked yet intrigued when I pulled in closer to him. My eyes didn't look into his once but quite frankly, I was scared. Even though I knew the kiss didn't mean anything like that, it was just to get him to shut up so that I didn't have to know that he cares about me too much, I was shaking with fear. 

My body strangely tingled when our noses touched and when I had my eyes open for the last second, before moving in. I loved the feeling of his soft, plump lips on mine. I felt like I was on fire, for some reason. One second it seemed freezing in the tree house, and the next it felt boiling. I loved it, I liked the feeling it gave me inside. 

It was weird. I've never felt like that before, when I've kissed other boys. I never felt blown away for some reason.

I was glad to see that Harry didn't react back to my lips being on his, the way he didn't move his lips at all felt so perfect. I wanted him to get that the only reason why I kissed him was because I needed for him to finally get that I'm grateful. He keeps worrying if I'll judge him, his actions and the places he loves but I know for a fact that I love everything he does for me.

He just didn't know that until I needed to do something quite strange for a pair of friends to do.

I needed to kiss him.

"What was that for?" Harry's soft smile appeared as I pulled out of the kiss. I didn't want to. I did, but I didn't. It felt good, his lips were so soft and smooth. I've never touched with lips that felt like his, his felt so delicate and fragile.

"To say thank you. You've taken care of me so much. To say I'm grateful for everything you've done for me so far and to say I'm happy that you're a person I can finally trust and talk to." I stared at him right in the eyes, as they turned a lighter shade than they were before. His silky lips kept in a arched shape, as he listened carefully. 

"I just want you to be happy and to feel safe." Harry's smile then softened, as his serious side pounced back in to the picture.

I like it more when he smiles, I didn't realise until now that I actually like it when he does because whenever he smiles, I forget everything that'd been going on and just can't help but smile with him.