Chapter 14

(Veronica's POV)

I walked out of my closet as I waited until the police got here, I peeped the hole and the black man was still standing with his gun in his hand. I thought these questions to myself, what was happening? why is he still here? does he want to kill me? or hurt me? I as stood in my thoughts, I saw red and blue lights flashing on the wall. I took a quickly look in the window and it was the police, I stayed quiet for a short while. They walked through the front door as they looked for the man, I stood in complete silence.

"Hey, what are you doing?" The policeman said.

"I was trying to get in my house but nobodys answering!" He thought of an excuse.

"You're trying to break in someone's house, why?" He replied angrily.

"I-" He replied thinking of something.

"You're coming with me!" He grabbed the mans hand and left my building.

"But I'm trying to get in my house and nobody's answering but the-" He said excusing his way out.

"You have the right to remain slient sir, that means don't say another word!" He told with a straight face. He arrested him and throwed him into the backseat, a minute later they've drove off without sound.

I called my mother and told her what happened, she sounded confused but she wasn't. Then I've called my boyfriend, that's Dylan. And I've explained to him with a text messaging, and he was super shocked. I thought he would be but that was serious. I condensed the conversation with Dylan, I watched my wall thinking of the man who was trying to kill me as I cried lonely to myself. Then I've felt the light shining from out of my window, I curled my toes then looked at the floor.

At first I thought it was the sun, but then it was Jesus. He is there with me. He's here to protect me I smiled and lifted my head, I frozed into my thoughts when I heard my phone ring.

"Would he say he was in L-O-V-E, well if it was me then I would I WOULD!"

"Would he hold you when you're feeling low baby you should know that I would I WOULD!"

"Hello?" I said.

"Baby, are you alright?" Mom asked.

"Yeah mom I'm fine with everything, just being bored with life!" I said looking down at my fingertips.

"Sweetie, not everything is boring, not a book, or homework." She replied.

"Okay I'll read then!" I responded.

"Great. You're making the right goals in life, I have to go now your dad and I will bring you something from anyplace." She said.

"Okay mom, see you later!" I completed my sentence and she hanged up.

I tilted my head to the side as I glanced in the corner, I lifted my body up standing hearing the cracks on the floor. As I past the kitchen, I lied my body down flat on the couch thinking what I've done. If I would've opened the front door I would've gotten myself killed, which would be A terrible idea. I heard a short beep on my phone it was a text message from Dylan.

*One new Message*

Dylan: "I'm coming over there to see you, I can't stand the fact that barely see you!"

Veronica: "No you don't have to you know that right?" I sented.

Dylan: " Veronica I want to see you nothing is going to change that, end of discussion!"

I didn't reply back to Dylan because we've could've start fighting over nothing, I drifted away from the living room into my bedroom waiting for Dylan to arrive. So I turned on the Television, then carried on.