Chapter 30

(Niall's POV)

    The next morning, I see Veronica beneath my shoulder, her head sharing the pillow,  looking beautiful while sleeping. My body slowly sat up, staring at her elegant face. All I could think about Veronica and how stunning she looked. I heard a knock on my wooden door. The door revealed Liam Payne. He comes and sat on the other edge of Veronica's feet. I stare at him like nothing has happened.

“How are you feeling, buddy?” He asked, glaring down at the floor.

“Where's Zayn?” I asked.

“In his room, why?”

“I need to talk some sense into him.”

“Why do you need to do that?” He questioned me, this time he looked up.

“Because Zayn has messed with the wrong guy.”

“What do you mean?”

I paused for a minute, thinking how I was going to say this right, then I glared down at Veronica's face. I was clearly thinking what she told me last night. I knew about the past mistake I have done, so I couldn't mess up this chance. Veronica and I was perfect for each other, and no dare was I going to ruin by what someone does.

“Last night, Veronica has told me that Zayn had touched her, and I'm not very happy about it.” I responded.

“Oh man, that's not good. What are you gonna do?” He asked.

“To be honest, I don't know.” I replied, scratching the back of my head.

“I think you should go talk it out, make sure that he won't do it again.” Liam said.

“For sure?” I asked.

“Yeah, I guess, do it for Veronica.” He stated.

“Okay, I’ll think about it.” I said. Liam nodded and left my room. I stare down her face, and think about what she told me last night. A tear slowly dropped down my cheek, then reached down to Veronica’s shirt. I can’t handle being alone without her; she is my everything. I don’t want to ruin what’s going to happen next in the future, not even Hailey Summers. She meant nothing to me.

I walk out of bed, not even bothering her. I head to my drawers, gradually opening the top and middle. I pulled on my white t-shirt before putting on my grey and black sweatshirt, then I leave out of the apartment and decided to go somewhere pleasant. As I walked around the city, random people kept asking for my Autograph. I signed their books and left. My feet strolled to the park, where Veronica and I were last sitting. I took out my phone and clicked “Contacts.” I looked for Hailey’s name and called her. I’m pretty sure she’s still pissed about what I told her the last time we talked.

“Hey,” she answered, her voice sounded forlorn.

“Hi, I’m sorry about I what I said the other day. Listen―” She condensed my sentence.

“Oh don’t you apologize now, you nearly made me curse you out! Niall, who is your special friend? Is she better than me? What is her name?”

“That’s none of your business. In fact, I just wanted to say to apologize for being rude three months ago.”

“Just answer my questions.” She yelled once more.

“Yeah, she’s better than you, alright? She knows how to love me better more than anyone, and when I say that I mean you; you didn’t know how to love me. You would literally get mad everytime I ask you ‘What’s wrong?’ Or ‘You alright?’ I actually cared for you. You didn’t show it.” I berated at her.