Chapter 21

(Veroinica's POV)

       Great, now I have nothing. My friend is cheating with my own boyfriend, and I could be possibly be pregnant. Now I'm officially having the worst day ever of my day of my life. My mother walked in the room quietly, I didn't hear her knock or anything. She noticed I was on the bed curled into a ball rocking myself back and forth. She roamed to me wrapping her arms around me, I did the same. Why me? Who am I? Did I do anything wrong? What did I do to deserve this? All of these questions piled up in my head, I can't take this anymore.

"Mom, I don't know who I am anymore, Why is this all happening to me?" I asked her while looking at the ground staring at my feet.

"I don't know but all I could say is keep your head up," She says. "I promise you it will get better."

"No it won't!" I yelled.

"Calm down, everything will be alright."

      She sanged to me, which calmed me down. Her voice was sweet and soft, oftenly loud. It made me want to cry when I heard it. I close my eyes tightly as I could trying to make all the bad memories vacate out of my head. Let me just admit it, I'm mad. Did they plan this behind my back the whole time? Why didn't she stopped the kiss? Did she enjoy it? Again, these questions were clouding up in my head. I wiped my eyes with the end of my sweater. My best friend betrayed me.

I hear voices in my head, I'm trying to ignore them. But they were getting louder and heavier by the minute. By the time my mom finished singing I just lied there, miserably.

"Do you want to take the test?" She asked while rubbing my back.

"What's the use mom, I've been raped, my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend, and now I could be pregnant!" I confessed while I was yelling.

She couldn't think of anything else to say, her mouth was tongue-tied completely.

"Thanks for trying to help mom." I walked out on her.

Let's just say I have no life right now, the people I care for are making mistakes. I just heard my heart shatter inside me, that means I don't have a heart anymore. I am now worthless, no one by my side. Well at least I have my mother by my side, right?

        My mother walked past me without noticing that I was crying. That's harsh. The last I want to do is murder myself, literally. I race into my bedroom when Merrie wasn't looking. My heart's pounding, fear rushed through my eyes. I don't want to do this but I have no other choice. My life was falling apart. I travel to my bedroom and pick up the pills that were lying on my dresser, slowly I pour them out into the palms of my hands. Unexpectly, my mother steps in the room, her face was completely outraged. I look at her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She hollers. "Put those pills down and come with me, now!" her voice growls. She's upset.

She escorted me to her bedroom, and sat down, all I could do is sit and be quiet. I feel like I'm being punished, and whipped. How could all of this happen within a week.  She looked at me, creepily, which kind of frightened me. My feet starts to tangle together, and I looked down.

"Now you been miserable all day, I understand." She responded. "But there's no reason for suicide, Veronica, you know better than that."

"My life is falling down right now, I had no choice." I start to cry.

"Do I have to tell you father about this?" She asked.

      I shook my head. Apparently my dad is at work, he doesn't be around much. I don't want him to find out what I almost did. I don't know what's wrong with me, it's like I'm a crazy person without control and straight jacket. Those 'people' messed me up, my brain has lost my own head. Mom's right, I do have to find myself because this isn't right. Eventually, my life will change soon. later in life, but today's a different story. Hopefully, all of this will change.