Chapter 24

Three months later. . .  

(Veronica's POV)

     My family and I moved far as we can, and I didn't tell Dylan and Jordan. Why did I move? Because I don't want to create problems that's why. We moved into New York City. It's far than we used to live. Maybe I should enjoy it here. There's lots of restaurants, good buildings, and nice people. I could feel the tranquility that stands out in the air. I walk in the apartment and the elevator pokes out in front of my eyes. I wait for it. Finally, I reached the 5th Floor. Soon enough, I walk in the door, and I saw mom and dad talking. I guess that's okay.

I head upstairs for the bed; Soon I asleep.

(Niall's POV)

Harry, Louis, Zayn, Liam, and I are waiting for a ride. Louis speaks first.

"Hurry up Taxicab, I can't ask a pig for a ride." He shouts at the wind.

The wind  unexpectedly blows up a Taxicab! The wind magically did what Louis asked. Mesmerizing. Louis, Liam, and I quickly piled in the car leaving Harry and Zayn alone by themselves. Liam whispers the location. I lie next to the window and close my eyes then fall asleep. 

***

      A hand touches my shoulder and whispers in ear, "We're here," I sit up and open my eyes. It was Louis. I look out of the window; It's dark outside. By the time we left, It was four o'clock. Now it's six. Two hours felt short. The taxi stopped right in front of Staples center. And no not the store Staples. Lots of people crowding around is just amazing. People came just to see us. Consider me awed.

       We creep past the security guards and find our dressing rooms. I walk in mine and quickly got dressed. Finally, Zayn and Harry arrives. Harry tells me that we perform in ten minutes. I nod. What to do in ten minutes? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Ten minutes flew by. Liam grabs my microphone  and tosses it to me. Music playing, speakers booming, and fans screaming. The first song that pops up is Kiss You.

(Veronica's POV)

       I leave the house alone. I have to get outside and think. I sit outside on the bench. Just thinking about the past. I miss Dylan. Well sort of. But that's not why I moved. Like I said before, I moved because I want the drama to go away. Those problems were yelling across my head. I know this sounds weird, I but moved my way out of it. That's what a normal girl does, right? Water pours down on me. Great, now it's raining.

     The night looms right above my head. Good thing that no one can't see me cry because I'm about to. Tears drop down my face after a few blinks. I dry them; They're still streaming in the rain. I'm getting soaked in the rain and not caring. I don't want to go home. Then, I think about the times that Dylan and I had. We had History. I don't feel the same anymore. I lie next to the bench with my arms crossed around my legs and my head shoved in my body.

(Niall's POV)

After two hours of performing with the boys, the rain streams down, and we bolt for the tour bus. Harry closes the door. The bus moves finally. I look out the window beside me and peer it. All of sudden, my stomach growls. I'm hungry.

"Guys, are any of you hungry?" I say rubbing my stomach.

"Yeah, okay," Louis says.

Zayn points out a restaurant up ahead.

     The bus pulls up and I leave out. I buy hamburgers for the rest of us. Outside, It starts to drizzle. The rain lightens up a bit. From the outside, it's navy blue and silver. My order is ready; I pick it up. Finally, I walk outside. When I walked past, I heard brittle voices. Am I crazy or am I hearing things? I avoid it the first time. There it is again. Sounds like it coming from the bench. I walk over. A crying girl soaking the rain lying on the ground.

    I check her pulse; She's not dead. She's lying dead-awake. I repose the food, and  I carry her to the bus. Her eyes are closed and she laid dead away. I set her out in the chair, and put a rest my jacket on her cold, wet body. The boys are wondering what was going on, but I don't say anything to them. Streets pass and the rain stops. We've been on the road for hours.

Eventually, we end up the hotel. I tell Liam to hold her while I go up the stairs since they're are taking the elevator. We all meet 8th Floor. Harry unlock the door with the keys and we walk inside. Liam sets her down on the couch. They all turned to me with a baffled look on thier faces. I don't say anything; Matter of fact, I'm not going to say anything. I repose in the chair. Louis speaks first. As usaual.

"Well, you going to say something?" He asks, folding his arms.

"What should I say?" I get smart.

"Do you know her?" Liam asks.

"No, I don't; I wish I knew." I stand.

"Why is she here?" Zayn asks this time.

"I don't know. I found her on the ground. I think she was crying,"

"Are you guys angry at me because you seem to be asking me all of these questions."

"We're just curious." Harry speaks.

"Look, everyone how about we all  just get some sleep because I'm exhausted. I'm pretty sure that the rest of us are. We'll deal with this in the morning." Liam talks again.

      I heard him once and clear. I was always tired after every show we perform. Everyone got busy and did what they needed to do. Finally midnight arrives, and the light are almost off. Although something does not feel right, I could feel the growls in my stomach. That's it. I'm hungry. What did I do with the food I bought? Oh no. I've must've left the food while I was picking up that girl. I will not tell anyone; They'll probably forget about it in the morning. Goodnight. The lights are dark.

 (Veronica's POV)

      In five a.m., I wake in mid-daylight. My clothes are almost moist. The last time I remember something was when I was laid out on the ground, but my eyes must be deceiving me.  Am I insane or am I sleeping someone's house? I massage my eyes, so they couldn't sting when I open them. I have to sneak out. I walk past, and I quietly close the door.

__________________________________________________________

Hey beautiful readers! It's been quite a while since the last chapter. So Today, I have A special annoucement to confess after this. I think that I can no longer edit photos. So if my "created photo" link doesn't work, then I will have to put in the regular link. Okay. This chapter I'm going to skip a fact. Talk time! Okay, guys I've been waiting to say this for a LONG while, and it's time to release it. For my next book, I'm gonna need a trailer. So try you're best. I'm talking to ALL of you! Share this to the people you know who makes trailers. If you're that person, please hit up you know where to find me!

Follow me on Twitter:

@Lorraineloves1D

Follow me on Wattpad:

@Lorraineloves1D

Bye!

 Love you so much!! 💗💗💗