Couple Fights (Angst)

(Note: Ciel and Sebastian have been dating for a year in this, so Ciel's parents died three years ago. Kay? Okay.)

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY THAT!"

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE!"

"THAT WASN'T A JOKE, SEBASTIAN!"

"YOU'RE JUST A WEAKLING HUMAN WHO CAN'T TAKE THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF THE REAL WORLD! IF I WANTED TO, I COULD JUST... JUST-"

CRACK!

The sound of skin hitting skin.

Sebastian had slapped Ciel, his one love, the only human who dare trust him, across the face. Hard. Ciel had a bright, angry hand print on his left cheek, the same side his marked eye lied on. He had hit him.

He harmed him. Something he swore he wouldn't do.

Sebastian paused. On the outside, he looked as if he didn't regret his actions. But on the inside, his heart twisted in guilt. Ciel's deep blue eyes, the ones that were only filled with happiness when his butler was near, now held the same despair they held three years ago.

"You're right. You could easily kill me. SO WHY DON'T YOU?!" Ciel snapped, running to their shared room, slamming and locking the door behind him. Tears freely flowed down his face, stinging the not yet faded mark on his cheek. He was sure it would bruise. The man he trusted, cared about, loved... Had hurt him. And over something so foolish. Ciel fell into the soft bed, sobbing even harder when he smelled Sebastian's favorite cologne on the sheets. He fell asleep to that scent, dried tear stains on his flaming cheeks.

"Pathetic. You actually trusted that I'd never hurt you?"

That voice. Ciel knew that voice.

"You mean nothing to me. I'm just hungry, after all."

"No... I gave everything to you..." Ciel remembered the night he gave his innocence to Sebastian, the night full of cuddles and "I love you's."

"That was the biggest mistake you've ever made."

"And now, Ciel,"

Sebastian stabbed his master.

"SEBASTIAN!"

Ciel awoke, a scream of pure terror ripping from his throat. He gripped the sheets like they were his lifeline. As expected, he was alone in the bed. His beloved butler was nowhere to be found. The bed felt so cold.

He heard the door softly creak as it opened. There stood his butler, peeking into his room as if to make sure he was alright, like he was his father. His ruby eyes widened as he saw that Ciel was awake, and went even wider in pure regret as he saw the black-blue bruise on Ciel's left cheek.

"Master..." He intended to call Ciel by his first name, but he simply felt as if he'd lost that privilege.

"What?" snapped Ciel. "Came to check on your meal?" His heart twisted, remembering his heartbreaking dream, and Sebastian's words from earlier that day.

"Y-you're not a meal..." Sebastian's voice broke. "You're more than a meal... YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING, CIEL!" He sobbed suddenly, dropping to his knees and crying into his large hands. "I-I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU!" He breathed in heavy gasps, oil-black tears flowing down his cheeks in waterfalls. "I-if I lost c-control, I'd never forgive myself... I'd die before I could do something like that... I would..." He hiccuped, gasped, sobbed, sniffled, he was a mess. To other demons, he'd currently be a laughing stock. But he didn't care. He just needed his beloved Ciel back.

Ciel was in utter shock. A demon, reduced to this, all because of him... All because he overreacted so much over a little slap... He lightly touched his cheek.

"Sebastian," he walked over to his butler, falling to his knees beside him. "I love you. I love you more than words can say. It just... It hurt so much... It hurt my heart so much..." He began to cry as well, sobbing onto his butler's shoulder loudly. The two clung to each other, letting out their hidden sadness with their tears. The demon's black tears soon mixed with the human's clear ones, and with that, they knew that no matter what, they could cling to each other. No matter what.

Soon, they both had calmed down, and now rested beside one another, cuddling in their shared bed. The incident wasn't gone from their heads, yet, no apology needed to be spoken. They forgave each other wordlessly.

Ciel curled up next to his butler, the warmth of his body feeling nice against the cold bed. Sebastian smiled, running a hand through his Master's hair. "I love you. I love you so much," Sebastian whispered, a smile tugging at his lips. Ciel smiled as well. "I forgive you, by the way," Ciel sighed, touching his bruised cheek lightly. Sebastian kissed it softly.

"Did my kiss make it better?" He asked.

"Your kisses make everything better," Ciel chuckled, the two falling asleep in each other's arms, their dreams filled with nothing but happiness and love for one another, and how happy it felt to once again be next to one another.