Lies (Angst/Fluff)

"It was all a lie!" Ciel yelled, throwing things in the room around while tears streamed down his face. His butler, Sebastian, stayed silent and still.

"Alois didn't kill my parents, you lied to me just to get my soul! It was all just your game just to get my soul!" Ciel yelled, sobs escaping him after. "To think I actually thought you cared about me..."

The demon was shocked at that.

"How foolish..." Ciel sobbed quietly, stopping to stare at the ground. "How foolish of me to believe that a demon could ever want more than my soul... I thought... I thought you cared..." He sobbed softly, memories of his time with Sebastian flying through his head.

The times the demon would stay in the room at night when Ciel was scared, times that Sebastian had gotten the boy up even when he was down, times that the demon had just, in general, acted like he cared... It was a lie. It hurt Ciel's heart more than he thought his heart could even hurt. It hurt more than when his parents died, even

"May I say something, my lord...?" Sebastian requested quietly. Ciel weakly nodded. "Just tell me whatever it is, then... End it. Kill me. No one has ever cared about me, so just end my worthless life. At least my soul will be worth something," the male choked out, making Sebastian's eyes widen.

"My lord, please... I do care. I care more than I thought I ever could about you, master... I can't just spend two years with such an amazing person and not develop feelings for them... I do not think I will be able to take your soul. I am sorry, but I simply don't think I can. I can't kill someone that I have grown to love..." He admitted softly.

Ciel's blue eyes widened. "You... You think I'll believe that?!" He yelled, tears filling his eyes again. "You tried to kill me! You didn't help me when I was suffering, you just wanted my soul! I've been suffering all these years, and you never once helped! It's your job, Sebastian! You're supposed to protect me no matter what!" The male sobbed violently, collapsing to his knees and gasping for air.

His panic had caused an asthma attack, his breathing becoming raspy and quick and uneven. Sebastian was at his side immediately, eyes filled with worry as he rubbed the boy's back. "Master, please calm down... Just calm down," he whispered. On a whim, the demon pulled the male to his chest and gently hugged him.

Ciel was surprised, but the male's warmth and scent calmed him significantly. "Se-Seba-" he hiccuped, his sobs becoming post-cry hiccups. "Shh, don't, master. Just calm down. It's okay now, I'll protect you. I have neglected that duty for far too long," he said softly, kissing the male's head.

"I have protected you physically, but your mental health has been neglected. You're a young boy, you need love and affection to keep you going, and I realize that I must start showing what affection I hold for you. I am sorry I couldn't do this sooner, my lord..." He whispered softly, his tone gentle.

Ciel weakly looked up at the male. "Do... Do you love me...?" He asked softly, his cheeks flushed from crying. He looked utterly adorable, his cheeks puffy and his eyes bright and innocent. "I do love you," Sebastian whispered. "I always will."

Somehow, Ciel knew that Sebastian's words weren't lies.