Sleepy Ciel (KAWAII)

(I'm sorry if any of the towns are wrong or the distances between them are. I've never been to the UK and I'm from the U.S, so I may seem a bit ignorant. :P)

"Ugh, this bloody carriage ride is taking too long," complained the young Earl Phantomhive, Ciel. He and his butler had been sent on a mission by the queen, and despite being a very small job, required a long trip to Manchester. The young Earl hadn't slept well the night before, and was extremely grouchy.

"Now, now Master! At least this job will be short and sweet. Nothing too taxing," Sebastian smiled. It was clear to the demon that Ciel hadn't slept a wink. "Yeah, yeah," Ciel mumbled tiredly.

After what seemed like forever to the young Earl (which was only about 2 hours), the two had finally arrived in Manchester where a series of amateur-style killings had taken place. Scotland Yard had already identified the killer, but now it was up to the Guard Dog to catch the on the run murderer.

"So where do we begin?" Ciel asked through a yawn. Sebastian put a hand up to his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose Scotland Yard would be here, so we could seek information from them," he nodded. Ciel nodded as well.

Just his luck, he spotted a familiar brown-haired, blue-eyed young inspector talking to a much older, grumpier man up the street ahead of he and his butler. "Shall we then?" Sebastian smiled, walking the boy up to the two men.

"Ugh... Phantomhive, what are you doing here?" The older one growled, while the younger male, Fred Abberline, smiled at the boy and gave a small, almost timid wave to the butler, who did not smile nor wave back, still holding a grudge toward the man for being able to make Undertaker laugh.

"I'm here due to the recent talk of the run-away killer, quite obviously," the Watchdog responded dryly. Being that he had not slept too well the night before, if at all, he was grouchy and not in the mood to be impudent toward the inspectors.

"I'll find him and bring him to you, as the queen expects of me. Now, where shall we look?" The young Phantomhive Earl asked, turning to Abberline. "O-of course! He was spotted recently around Whitechapel," the young detective explained.

Ciel sighed in relief silently. 'At least that's close to the manor. We won't need to stay out long,' he thought to himself gratefully. He yawned quietly before motioning for Sebastian to follow him to the carriage.

He sat down in the long chair that faced the front, sliding to the right and patting the seat next to him tiredly. For some odd reason, he wanted the butler to sit next to him today. The butler gave the boy a curious look, smiling slightly as he slid into the seat next to the boy, still keeping an appropriate distance between them.

Ciel felt his eyelids droop, his vision becoming blurred and dazed as he let sleepiness get to him. Before he even realized it, his head was rested against a warm, hard surface that he automatically assumed was a pillow.

'Wait a moment... Pillows are typically not this warm, and they are not hard... And is that a heartbeat?!'

Ciel quickly came to realize, to his own mortification, that he was resting on his butler's chest.

He went to move away, but his tiredness prevented him from moving away from the comfort of the older male's black-clad chest. He wore his black, long trench coat that he typically kept on whenever the two went out and about.

Ciel came to find, as he buried his nose in the male's soft, wool overcoat, that the black fabric had a warm, comforting scent to it. It held the scent of Ciel's home, Earl Grey, and a very faint, masculine scent of an expensive cologne. He had almost drifted to sleep, when he heard his butler's slightly feminine, deep tenor begin to sing in a soft voice;
(Song is >>>>)
"Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation, darkness stirs and wakes imagination, silently the senses abandon their defenses. Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendor...'

Ciel felt his eyes slowly begin to close as Sebastian's accented voice continued to sing the soft lullaby;

"Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender, turn you face away from the garish light of day, turn your face away from the cold, unfeeling light... And listen to the music of the night..."

Sebastian's sweet, suave tone dragged on the last lyric, the words slowly fading to Ciel as he welcomed the warm feeling of sleep, falling into the arms of Hypnos.

"Nn... S-Sebastian?" Ciel mumbled sleepily as his bright blue eyes slowly opened, only to meet a pitch black surface.

"Ah, Master, I see you've finally awoken," Sebastian's gentle voice met Ciel's ears, instantly making the boy relax. After his eyes had adjusted to the light and he began to fully awaken, he realized he was being carried by the older male, bridal-style, and was outside. He eyed the picturesque sunset, snuggling up to his butler a bit closer.

"Did you enjoy your nap?" Sebastian asked, chuckling softly at how baby-like Ciel looked when he had just awoken, like an adorable little cherub. "I was not napping! I was just... Resting my eyes a bit," Ciel pouted.

Sebastian raised a brow. "For two hours?"

Ciel's pout deepened. "Yes," he grumbled.

"Wait, what about the case?! We never caught that man!" Ciel quickly tried to squirm out of his butler's grasp, only to have Sebastian explain, "While you were resting, I took the liberty of handling the case by myself. You have no need to worry," he smiled.

Ciel calmed down, no longer trying to wrestle himself out of the demon's gentle hold. "Right... Thank you..." He mumbled quickly, his cheeks flushing.

"What was that?" The black-haired butler teased. "Did the great Ciel Phantomhive just thank me, a mere butler?" Sebastian grinned. Ciel's cheeks flushed a deeper scarlet at the butler saying his name like that. "N-no! Just take me home already," the Earl whined, his cheeks rosy as he frowned.

"Yes, My Love," Sebastian smiled.

"What was that?!" Ciel's cheeks went an impossibly dark red.

"Nothing, nothing," Sebastian grinned.