My Devotion Pt. 1 (Angst)

(Long one here :P this is also heavily based off of the fic "Père Lachaise" by Aservis Roturier on Fanfiction.net, it is a great fic, so go read it if you'd like! ^_^ CONTAINS SLIGHT GORE AND MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH. Also, there will be a part 2.)

Ciel was suffering at the hands of Sebastian.

Sebastian was suffering at the hands of what he thought to be a cold-hearted demon in the body of his Ciel.

They both were suffering, but they showed it in completely different ways.

Ciel, with weakness, quietness, and pure depression.

Sebastian with anger, almost total silence, and malice.

And this was all because of the Trancy household and those damned demons.

Ciel had been changed into a demon by Hannah nearly a year ago, and Sebastian hadn't said a word since, only speaking when ordered to or when absolutely necessary, and the occasional insult or yelling at Ciel. He never smiled, never smirked, never playfully teased Ciel, never showed any concern for Ciel's life or health...

Little did Ciel know, he still had all of this. He still could smile and smirk and grin, he still mentally teased Ciel, and he had so much care for him left. So much. The thing is...

He was convinced that the Ciel before him was not his Ciel. To him, the Ciel he knows now is an empty vessel. A soulless demon.

A dead body with a pretty face.

Because of this, he was nothing short of cold to the poor boy he thought to be dead.

"Sebastian...?" The small boy timidly spoke, his voice lacking the spite and strength it used to have. "What?" The butler snapped coldly.

He and Ciel had been sharing a bed in the manor since Ciel became a demon, and they each had their own respective side. If Sebastian ever was on Ciel's side, the boy would do nothing but go sleep on the couch, for he feared the older demon would get angry if he slept on his side. However, if Ciel even placed his hand on Sebastian's side, he would be shoved off of the bed.

Ciel never did anything about this, just accepted it and apologized each time. After all, he was the one who begged Sebastian to share a bed with him to keep him from having nightmares.

"Could you... Um..." Ciel trailed off, his timid voice stopping in his sentence. He had done this often lately.

"Speak the fuck up or shut the fuck up," Sebastian snapped. He had also changed in ways of speech. His once genteel language was replaced by bitter insults and swears. Ciel became used to this. He accepted it.

"Could you please h-help me reach the cups and make w-warm milk...? I cannot sleep..."

Sebastian's lips curled into a snarl as he glared at Ciel. "You woke me up for that?!" He growled. He stood up, his 6'1 frame seeming more intimidating to Ciel than it has ever been. Ciel had been standing beside Sebastian's side of the bed, so the demon was dauntingly close to him. Ciel hated fearing him, his once trusted butler.

The demon harshly grabbed Ciel by the collar of his shirt and literally dragged him to his side of the bed, throwing him back on the bed. "Next time, don't fucking wake me up for something so foolish," he snarled. But, despite this, he still walked out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him, and went down to the kitchen to do as Ciel had politely asked of him.

Ciel got on his side of the bed, facing Sebastian's side. Hesitantly, he pulled one of the butler's pillows close, taking in the scent of his elder that had been left on it, hugging the silky black pillow close to his chest.