Abusive (Angst)

(Warning: Contains scenes of child abuse and violence)

Ciel was in pain.

Physical, emotional, mental... His body was littered with bruises and his back was covered in whip marks.

And Sebastian inflicted it.

For the past week, for a mission, Ciel and Sebastian went undercover as a young child servant (slave, rather) and his master. Naturally, Ciel had to play the servant. Sebastian played his part as the master all too well. He was nothing short of cruel to the poor, blue eyed Earl, whipping him for the smallest of mistakes, constantly beating him, and belittling him with words. Ciel could've ordered him to stop, but he didn't have the heart to. He was too broken. Too weak.

So now, he lay in his large bed, curled up and sobbing softly to himself, the burn of the whip marks stinging his back. He hadn't even glanced at the demon butler since then. The demon however acted as if nothing had happened. This is what caused the emotional pain in Ciel.

"Master, I've brought tea," Sebastian said, ever so softly, through the door. Ciel didn't answer, as he hadn't been for the past few days, and Sebastian simply walked in on his own.

"Master, forgive my snooping, but what seems to be troubling you? You haven't spoken in-"

This struck a nerve in Ciel.

"WHAT'S TROUBLING ME?!" He yelled, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?! TAKE A LOOK AT THESE," Ciel angrily yanked up his nightshirt to show all the angry red whip marks decorating his back, "THESE MARKS, BRUISES, HELL I BROKE ONE OF MY BONES BECAUSE OF YOU!" He had no idea that he had tears streaming down his face. "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT ME, NOT BETRAY ME," sobbed Ciel.

Sebastian's eyes had went wide, his carmine irises smaller in shock.
"M-master, I-"

"No. There is n-no excuse... Y-you did it on purpose... Made me relive the cult incident...made me still cling to you after what you did," Ciel gritted his teeth. "You enjoy my agony... Like any good demon," he snarled, pure hate in his voice.

I don't hate you... I'm just so hurt...

Sebastian's eyes were locked on the ground. "Master..." He softly spoke, "may I tell you something important?"

Ciel stopped for a moment. "A-alright..." He hesitantly agreed. Sebastian's crimson gaze met Ciel's, though his chin was still tilted down in shame. "I... I am not a pure blood demon. I too was once a human..."

Ciel's eyes went wide. "Y-you... You were?"

"May I explain, Master?" Sebastian obviously was on the verge of breaking down. He had some sort of burden on his shoulders, and Ciel wasn't about to stop him from getting it off his chest.

"O-of course..."

"Thank you, My Lord... You see, I died at age twenty-four in 1255... I-I was a Jewish man... I was... I was crucified... Left for dead... Then I was saved. I had no other option... I wanted to live..." His voice stuttered. It cracked. It wavered.

And finally, he broke.

Tears. Thick, clear tears, ran down his pale, flawless cheeks. He clapped a hand over his mouth to stop any sobs or whimpers from escaping. Ciel knew that look in his eyes.

Because he had experienced it before.

He knew that that look meant that the "demon" was reliving it all. It meant he was facing the same suffering all over again, without even being touched.

"Sebastian... You're alright... They can't hurt you anymore," Ciel was crying as well now. He felt so sorry for the man in front of him. "It hurt... They nailed through my wrists... There was so much," Sebastian's voice cracked into a sob, "blood... So much..."

Ciel's heart broke for the poor man turned demon. "It's alright... Shh," Ciel softly soothed the elder man. "They'll never hurt you again. You're far stronger than them, Sebastian, and they're long dead now. You're safe here, because as long as you're with me, nothing, I mean nothing will harm you," Ciel gently picked up the butler's larger hand, pulling up his sleeve in a tender manner as if the man was made of porcelain and could break at any moment.

Suddenly, Sebastian hugged the boy close. He was ashamed of his pathetically weak sobs, but, being that he was not a pure blood demon, he still could feel every human emotion he once had. He always had them, he just chose to never acknowledge them. This boy, his food, had made him.

This boy, his contract, had—in less than a few minutes—became his love.

"I-I'm the one who's supposed to protect you, not vice versa," the raven-haired demon chuckled softly, wiping away his tears. Ciel smiled up at the much taller male, glad that he had gotten those tormenting memories off his chest.

He felt as if they were similar, in a way.

They were both so desperate for life, so terrified that they would go as far to summon a creature known to be the most wicked of all in existence. Now, they both so loathed their own species, one of them abandoning their kind, that they were willing to act like, and turn into, demons for revenge.

Ciel now understood Sebastian, and the painful week he endured was abandoned in his mind. His scars no longer hurt, and he could only hope that Sebastian's scarred wrists no longer felt the pain that they felt decades ago.

They both healed each other's pain, and neither of them had even intended it.

If you ask me, that's true love at its finest.