Chapter 3

After 5 years, I walked out of that stinky and filthy prison. I'm so happy and excited. I was looking around then saw my Benz truck pull up and my brother got out.

"Jai!"

"Wassup lil sis?" He smiled and squeezed me.

"Let me breathe nigga! Come on." I got in behind the wheel, put it in drive and sped off.

"You going to your spot right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just wondering."

We pulled up to my house. I missed it and all my stuff so much! I ran inside looking around like a kid on Christmas. I got in my bath tub and soaked in hot water with candles sitting around, I needed this.

I got out and put on some red, black and white Lebron's with a white and black crop top, red shorts and a black Gucci belt. I sprayed on some perfume, put my hair in a bun and walked back downstairs.

I drove us straight to our parent's house. When we pulled up, it was cars everywhere. I parked, got out and walked in.

"Welcome home Kai!" A room full of people hollered. I smiled instantly.

"Thank you!"

We started eating BarBQ and so much food was there. My mama fixed my plate and everybody was in the backyard. One of my cousins started playing music and hooked up his speakers. We all started dancing and having a great time. It feels good to be out.

I left my parent's house, heading to mine. I stopped at Wal-Mart to buy some groceries and personal stuff I need. I started down the produce aisle when I saw somebody I thought I recognized. I looked again and it was irritating me that I couldn't put my finger on who it was. He was walking with a pregnant girl. Both of them look about my age.

I got my berries and kiwi then headed towards the meat section. I felt a bump so I turned around to see who hit me with their cart, it was the lady.

"I am so sorry, this big stomach I have in front of me is making me bump into everyone." She turned to the guy. "Baby come get this cart." She said.

I noticed that she had an accent like Puerto Rican or something. She's very pretty.

"Oh that's okay." I said and pushed my cart on to another aisle.

"This baby is killing me! I can't deal." I heard a familiar voice say. The person came onto the aisle with us. She was pregnant with 2 small kids following her. "Kai? Oh my gosh!"

"Hey Kierra."

"When did you get out?"

"Earlier today."

"I missed you!"

"Oh." I got what I needed and pushed my cart along.

"Kai we're still friends, don't act like that."

"Friends? I don't have friends Kierra, i'ma grown ass woman. I don't have time for friends & you damn sure ain't friend material."

I pushed my cart to the end of the aisle. As I turned out, another cart bumped into mine and I saw the guy again. He's sexy, too bad he's taken.

"Kai, please." Kierra said.

"Kai?" He asked.

"Do I know you?"

"You don't recognize me?"

"Just like you didn't recognize me."

"Cam we in the middle of something." Kierra said. I could've fallen right there.

"Cam?"

"When did you get out?"

"Earlier today."

"Baby, what's taking you so long?" She asked him then noticed me. "Oh hey again." She smiled.

"Hi, see you around Cameron." I said and pushed my cart towards the front of the store.

I can't even believe that shit man. My heart, it's breaking again. All behind Kierra's disloyal ass! I could just hit the floor and cry.

"Excuse me." Somebody said, I turned around.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember me?"

"I can't say that I do."

"Carter."

"Carter? Omg, you have facial hair!" I said, he started laughing.

"Where you been?"

"Prison."

"I honestly thought you were too smart to get caught."

"I was but my friend wasn't. She had previous chargers so I took a 5 year bid for her."

"Damn! You real as fuck girl."

"She wasn't. While I was in prison, she tried to fuck my nigga and I couldn't do anything to her so I sat in my cell and got over it."

"So you single?"

"Yeah."

"Can I take you out?"

"Here we go."

"I'm so serious. I'm ready to settle down and you the only girl I'm willing to do that with."

"Carter I don't want to do that cuz I pick you up and put you down like a toy. I'm just being honest, you need to find you a good girl cuz I mean you no good."

"What if I want a bad girl?" he licked his lips.

"Okay, let's not get out of control."

"I been trying to lose control with you for longer than you can imagine." I laughed a little.

"Foolish." I said and shook my head.

"What I said got you lost huh?"

"Kinda."

"Follow me then." he slapped my booty then walked to his car.

I stood there for a little while. Should I leave with him? It's been 5 long years. Fuck it, I'm finna have fun. I got into my car and followed him. We got to this apartment downtown. We walked in and we went at it as soon as the door closed.

He picked me up and was stripping my clothes off at the same time. I was trying my best to do the same. He literally threw me on the bed and climbed on top of me. He licked me all over and went down to tongue fuck me. I ran my fingers through his curly hair as he went in and out.

I came and he entered me slowly. I'm glad he did cuz I've always been tight but 5 years can make you turn into a virgin again. He grabbed my hips and went faster and faster. He laid on top of me as he thrusted. I was scratching the hell out of his back.

We changed positions and came repeatedly for hours. I tapped out eventually. I laid down beside him, smiling hard.

"I need to get up and take a shower." I said.

"I was hoping you would say that."

"Why?" I asked.

"Cuz I wasn't finished." he grabbed me and carried me to the shower, Carter got me feeling right!

The next morning I went home, slept some more then got up and got ready. When I finished bathing I got dressed. I put on a cheetah romper with brown sandals. I curled my hair then brushed it to give it the wavy look. I got my phone and purse then locked up and got into my truck.

I pulled up to iHop where I'm supposed to meet Carter. I saw him pull up about 2 minutes after I did. I got out and walked to his car.

"Late!" I said.

"Shut up looking like you came straight from animal planet." he said laughing. "You got on panties?"

"Carter your mind is always in the gutter, yes I do."

"I think you lying."

"I'm not though."

"Let me see." he pulled up one side of my romper up and slapped my booty again.

"Stop!"

"That's not what you said last night." I hit him and we walked in.

"You take Viagra?" I popped out of the blue. He bust of laughing.

"Nah, why?"

"You like the energizer bunny!" he laughed again. "I woke up sore."

"You'll get used to it." he said, I looked at him.

"Hmph, don't be so confident."

I looked at the door and who of all people but Cam and his baby mama. I looked away and took a sip of my orange juice.

"If you give me the chance, I can make you forget about all that. I won't hurt you and put you through all that. I just wanna make you happy." he kissed me and kissed him back. A tear slipped and he wiped it away. "I'm here to dry your tears instead of make em fall."

We ate and joked around. I missed Carter. I got up to go to the bathroom. Cam was going in another direction, he saw me and changed his path. He walked up to me.

"How you?" he asked.

"Good and you?"

"Alright I guess."

"You guess?"

"I miss you."

"Oh."

"I know what you were thinking but in that 5 years I got lonely. I couldn't kiss or hug you, I found myself listening to distant lover by boosie and staring at your picture, not even lying."

"But you knew I was gon get out, you could've found something temporary."

"She was temporary Kai."

"18 years is temporary? Cuz that's how long you attached to her, if you like it or not."

"It was a mistake."

"Save it. You a grown ass man, you don't have to explain anything to me."

I walked back to the table. He paid then we got up and we left. I sat in his car, thinking about how much my life has changed. All my teenage years were spent with snakes and the nigga I fell in love with got somebody else pregnant. I told him to go ahead and have his fun but when I got out, that was supposed to be over. I'm in this situation cuz of Kierra!

"You gotta release all that anger." Carter said.

"It's hard."

"So am I." he said and both of us burst into laughter.

I spent the rest of the day with Carter and he made me laugh so hard, I had tears coming from my eyes. That's what I need though.

Cam POV

"Who is that girl we keep seeing Cam?"

"What girl?"

"You know who I'm talking about!"

"What you yelling for? Calm down."

"I'm not calming down! I'm pregnant with YOUR baby and you're cheating on me with some anonymous punta!" Her accent always gets stronger when she's mad.

"Listen, I'm not cheating on you."

"What's her name?"

"Why?"

"Come on, tell me her name or I swear I'll --" I cut her off.

"You gon do what? Not shit, get out my way." I pushed past her and went to my room.

She always wanna argue. When I met her all she wanted to do was fuck, all the time. Now all she wanna do is argue. I miss Kai. Her sex game way colder than my baby mama's plus she don't argue all the time. She just be chilling, I done fucked around and got stuck with Maria though.

I got my phone and text Jai.

Cam: what's Kai number?

Jai: you got it.

Cam: lost all my contacts, no I don't.

Jai: how you get my number then?

Cam: it was still in my call log from yesterday.

My lies worked and he gave me the number. I decided to text her cuz she might hang up the phone.

unknown: wassup?

Kai: wassup? Who is this?

unknown: Cam.

I waited for the longest, she didn't reply. I just wanna talk to her. I sighed.

"Why you breathing so hard? You tired of me or something?" Maria asked.

"Can you get out?"

"Get out?"

"Yeah cuz you irritating as hell!"

She started crying. She always does that. I stood there and she walked up to me, wanting me to hold her. I gave her a short hug and walked off, I don't have time for that shit.