Chapter 17

Cam

"Hi," Amber waved at me, smiling.

Amber's my ex girlfriend. I was with her before I got with Kai. She's mixed, pretty, green eyes, curly hair, the whole nine but once you've been with the best, nobody else can compare. She can't even compare to Kai.

"What's good?" I asked. She sat down at my table.

"What are you doing in St.Louis?"

"Business," I answered, looking at the menu.

"Oh, what you getting into later?"

"The bed."

"Nah, let me take you out."

"I got an early flight, sorry."

"Our breakup wasn't bad enough for you to be acting like that. Stop being cold and dry with me."

"I'm ready to see my girl, I ain't in the mood for nobody else."

She started looking uneasy and sort of hurt. She cleared her throat like she was choked up or something.

"Well I'm glad that you're finally faithful to somebody."

"She worth being faithful to."

"And I wasn't?" she seemed offended.

"I'm sleepy, take care."

I got up and left, going back to my hotel. I called Kai for the third time and still didn't get an answer.

That ain't like her to not answer my phone call. When I pulled into the hotel parking lot, I called Jamie.

"What's up?" he answered.

"Man Kai ain't answering her phone, you'll swing through and see is she okay?"

"Yeah, where she supposed to be at?"

"Her house."

"Aight, I'm going right now."

I ended the call and got out of my truck, going into the hotel. I just hope my baby's alright.

Kai

"Nigga what the fuck wrong with you?" I jumped up, cocking my gat.

"I got love for you girl," Black admitted.

"And I got a hot one for you now get out!"

"Man you can't tell me there isn't something between us."

"It is!" I snapped.

"What?" he stood up.

"Cam! That's what. I love him! Get your disloyal ass out my house and best believe I will be telling him!" I pointed towards the door.

"Kai, don't make me take what needs to be mine."

"Bitch I hope the fuck you do try to take it! You forgot which side of the gun you on Black?"

"You ain't got the guts to kill me," he laughed. "You gonna be mine. Just wait until Cam gets here, it's the O!"

My trigger finger itched and I put two hot ones in his ass. One in the head, one in the chest. I sat down, about to call Jamie when my doorbell rung.

"Kai! Come to the door!" I heard Jamie from the other side of the door.

I hurriedly went to the door, unlocked it, and let him in. He saw my gun in my hand and started laughing.

"You was scared?" he asked.

"Nah," I shook my head. "I just used it."

"What? For who?"