Chapter 20

Kai

I can't believe I'm engaged! After all these years, tears, and horrible situations, I have a ring on my finger. Carter was good to me and I had fun with him but Cam is who I'm supposed to be with. I'm in paradise when I'm with him.

"Wake up baby," I said, climbing onto his muscular back.

"It's too early Kai, lets go night night again."

I laughed, "Well I guess you don't want to take a bath with me then."

"I'm up, I swear I'm up," he said before stretching.

"Yeah, I know you are," I said smirking.

Cam and I both got into the black Mercedes we arrived to the villa in and he pulled off. I pulled my hair into a messy bun then sat back.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"The beach. You got a bathing suit?"

"Yeah, under my clothes. I wanna ride on a jet ski."

He nodded, "It's packed out here."

I didn't notice we had turned into a beach parking lot until he said that. There were so many people for it to be a regular winter day. When Cam parked, I took my shirt and shorts off then we got out and started walking towards the water.

"It's so pretty out," I said. "Let me ride on your back, babe." He stopped walking and let me hop on. "I'm so lucky, these females already staring at you."

He laughed, "These dudes looking a little too hard, though. You still want to ride on the jet ski?"

"Yeah, there's some over there." I pointed. "You ever rode one before?"

"Yeah, that time we bumped into each other down here." I smiled as I remembered that night.

"Hi, how are you?" the jet ski man greeted us.

"Fine and you?" I asked.

"Great. One jet ski or two?" I noticed his eyes were glued to me and Cam noticed, too.

"One," Cam answered as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. "This nigga finna get popped in the mouth."

"Chill baby," I said. "Let my ride the jet ski before you act up with your jealous ass." I got on the jet ski and Cam got on behind me. He told me what to do and I took off.

"Aw shit! Stop Kai! Stop," Cam said in a panicked voice. I was dying laughing at him. "I almost fell off! Ease up," he said. I nodded and did what he said but when I took off again, I really took off.

-- One week later --

I walked into the trap house that's located on the outskirts of the city and everyone was already there. I sat down in Cam's lap as he started the meeting.

"Y'all probably already know about Kai's parent's house getting shot up and shit and y'all probably already know who did it," he started.

Some of the soldiers nodded their heads and others just looked around like they were waiting for an answer. I was pissed off instantly.

"That's the fucking problem right there!" I banged my fist on the table, making a few of the soldiers jump. "If y'all bitches already knew about it then why didn't y'all come tell me or Cam? I got the mind to cancel me a nigga right now," I yelled as I took one of my guns from my waist.

"Baby calm down first," Cam said. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Yeah, calm down first 'cause you always wanna raise your voice and shit like you the fucking president but I'm a grown ass man, respect me," Lo, one of the soldiers, said.