Chapter 14

Kai POV

I sat in my black Tahoe and waited for Sage White. He's a dirty cop but he's one with authority. He owes me several favors so when Cam got locked up, I knew who to call.

Sage got out of his dark blue Maybach in an all black jumpsuit and headed towards my truck. What cop you know with a Maybach? My sentiments exactly. I unlocked the door and he got in.

"What's good Kai?"

"Not much Sage."

"Don't be down about it, I got you."

"I need him out Sage, fast. Do whatever you can do to get all of this thrown out."

"Have I failed you before?"

"If you call a three year bid helping me then yes."

"You pleaded guilty before I even knew about it! Ain't nobody tell you to go down for Kierra's shit. Matter of fact, I told you about her right before she got released from prison."

"We off topic, I don't care no more aight? Now how much total?"

"Fifty."

"All you want is fifty thousand dollars?"

"You my lil' thug, I got you."

"Thanks man," I said and embraced him.

I gave him fifty thousand in Cash and he got out. I started my truck back up and pulled off heading to my parent's house. I saw a few cars outside that belong to family members. They need to go home because it's a must that I talk to my parents and Jai.

I got out and went in the house. Some of my cousins were sitting in the living room watching a basketball game. I saw my daddy in the kitchen playing dominos with my uncles.

"Hey y'all," I waved. Everybody spoke back.

"Can I talk to you in the other room for a second?" I whispered in my daddy's ear. He nodded and stood up. He followed me onto the indoor patio in the back.

"What's wrong?"

"Cam got locked up last night."

"Why?"

"I don't know honestly because I killed two people at the club, he was just there."

"You killed two people?"

"Yessir, they were about to kill him so I did what I had to do."

"Dammit. I'll see what I can do."

"There really isn't anything I don't think, I just came to let you know."

"And let me know what else?" he asked.

"You know me all too well daddy. I'm pregnant though."

"You what?"

"Yup."

"By who?"

"Cam! I can't believe you just asked me that."

"You can't tell me you wasn't messing around with Carter." I dropped my head and he just pulled me into a hug. What am I gonna do?

Cam POV

When they told me I had a visitor, I knew it was my baby coming to see me. I sat down and she picked up the phone the same time I did. I smiled at her, happy that she came.

"Hey baby."

"Hey, how you feeling?"

"I'm good, praying that you get out soon."

"I know. I can't kiss you or hug you, it just don't feel right."

"Don't remind me. I stayed up all night last night, trying to convince myself that you were just out of town or something."

"You miss daddy that much?" she laughed at me.

"I miss daddy a lot."

"Speaking of that, how's the baby?"

"I have an appointment next week."

"Let me know how it goes."

"You gonna be there with me." I rubbed my chin.

"Kai please don't get your heart set on me getting out so soon, they ain't got no proof that I ain't kill those people even though I didn't."

"You gotta believe that you are babe." I just nodded my head.

"I love you baby girl."

"I love you, too."

I watched her get up and walk away. My baby is even prettier and finer than the day I met her. She holds me down like no other. I just gotta quit messing up on her because if I ain't got her, what do I have?

Kai POV

I finished my breakfast and went to put on the clothes I decided to wear. I put on my black shirt, blazer, dress pants and heels along with my black Prada bag. I put on accessories and curled my hair. I looked my self over in the mirror then grabbed my keys and phone.

My parents, Jai and I walked into the courtroom and sat down. I feel so uneasy in courtrooms and I know Cam will too because I've been in his position. My momma grabbed my hand because she knows I'm weak.

Cam walked out into the courtroom in one of those nasty ass jumpsuits, they still make my skin crawl. He winked at me and sat down. The judge took her seat. I couldn't believe what I saw!

The judge is my mother's best friend! I had no idea she was the new judge! Thank God. I looked over at the jury and saw two of my cousins, one of my old coaches and my Godfather. The other people I didn't know but that didn't matter, this is gonna work out in our favor!

Cam POV

" -- find the defendant, Cameron Alexander, not guilty."

After those words, I didn't hear anything. I tried my best to not stand up and run to Kai. I was still zoned out when my lawyers got up and they dapped me.

I went into the back and changed. I got all my possessions and they let me go to the front. When I got out there, I saw Kai's family. Even in those tall ass heels, she took off running my way and jumped on me.

"I told you baby!" she said kissing all over my face.

"I love you girl," I said still holding her.

"What did they try to charge you with?" Jai asked.

"Murder, gun charges, arson and drug trafficking."

"Hell nah! You got off all that?"

"I don't know how but lets go! I'm hungry and I need a real bath."

We all got into our separate cars and parted ways. I drove to Cam's house and we stepped out of my truck. When we walked in, he went to get in the tub and I changed clothes. I made my way back downstairs and started warming up the food I had cooked before I left.

When he finally came downstairs, I fixed his plate. I had it loaded down and had a big cup of grape Kool-aid to go along with it. I passed it to him and turned to the game I recorded for him while he was in jail. He smiled at me.

"You really care about me huh?" he asked digging into his food.

"Do you have to ask?"

"It's just, ain't nobody ever cared for me this much and if they did, they never showed it."

"That's because I show you the love that I want in return. I love hard even when I act like I don't care."

"You got faith in me?"

"Yeah. Deep down I feel like one day, you'll do right by me."

"And I been fucking up thus far."

"How I feel, a nigga gonna do right by a female he wanna be with. I'm just waiting on you to show me if I'm that female or not."

"You are. I don't want anybody but you."

"Words don't do too much for me anymore and don't think I'm pressuring you to be with me 'cause whatever your heart leads you to do, I stand behind you and your decisions one hundred strong."

"They don't make 'em like Kai no more."

"No more? Ain't nobody like me and you know it."

He chuckled, "Yeah I do."

He sat his plate down after he finished and kissed me. I laid down and he laid his head on my chest, wrapping his arms around my body. For the rest of the evening, that's how we were, watching Menace II Society and Boyz in the Hood.

-- One month later --

Cam POV

Me and Kai were walking on the sidewalk at the outlets and she wanted to go in the Polo Ralph Lauren store. I opened the door for her and let her walk in first.

"What you wanted to come in here for?" I asked her, grabbing her hand.

"You gon' see, come on."

I followed her through the crowd and towards the back of the store. She stopped when she got to the baby section. I should've known.

"Look baby," she said picking up a pink and black coat. I made a face at the coat. "What's wrong with it?"

"We can't get it."

"Why not Cam?"

"It's for a girl Kai, we having a boy."

"No we not!"

"Yes we is," I argued back.

"It's yes we are," she said back correcting me.

"Whatever, we gotta get this."

I picked up a dark blue and green jacket. Yeah, my lil' man gon' stay fresh just like his daddy. I'ma make sure of that.

"I'm getting this regardless," Kai said and went to get in line.

"Aight but you wasting your lil' money."

"Lil' money? Lets see who pockets fatter," she challenged.

"Man gone somewhere bae, I ain't trying to hurt your feelings."

"Yeah whatever."

We bought the jackets then walked out of the store, still holding hands. She pecked me on the lips and smiled. Kai getting a little baby bump, I can't believe it. I never thought of her being pregnant really, not her.

"Quit staring at my stomach before you fall," she said laughing.

"I'm so ready for him to get here."

"Her," she mumbled under her breath.

"Let's make a bet."

"Aight. If it's a girl, you gotta buy me another pit."

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's it."

"Cool. If it's a boy, you gotta marry me."

She stopped walking and burst out laughing. I shook my head at her goofy ass and we started walking again.

"You play too much," she said.

"Yeah, you too."

I halfway meant what I said though.

Me and Kai walked back in her house from walking Killer around the neighborhood. I closed the door behind me and Killer followed Kai.

"I gotta pee Killer, hold on," Kai said from down the hall. Killer walked back into the living room and laid beside the couch.

"You one big ass dog, you know that?" He barked at me like he was talking back. I shook my head and turned the TV on.

"Baby!" I heard Kai yell.

"Huh?"

"Help!"

I got up, stepped over Killer and made my way down the hallway. I opened the door and saw Kai sitting on the toilet, looking scared and holding her stomach.

"What's wrong baby?"

"I'm bleeding, bad."

"Aw shit," I started to panic on the inside.

She wiped herself and I helped her stand up. I pulled her clothes back up for her and help her to my car. I crank the car up and rushed to the hospital.