Chapter 25

Cam

"Where you been, Cam?" Kai questioned me, following me up the stairs. "It's ten o'clock at night, what you doing out so late?"

"Kai what you talking 'bout? You sent me to the store to go get you some cheesecake."

"No I didn't! Don't make it seem like I'm crazy!"

She started hitting me in my back and Kai's hands are heavy so it wasn't something I was just gon' put up with until she got tired.

"Stop hitting me, girl! Chill out!"

"No, I ain't finna chill! You cheating on me? Huh? You need to be smart if you gon' cheat! Atleast make sure I'm sleep before you slip out!"

"I told you I'm not cheating on you! Calm yo' nerves! You told me you wanted some cheesecake so I went and bought you a cheesecake from Wal-mart."

She stood in front of where I sat on the side of our California king sized bed. She put her hand on her hip and rolled her eyes.

"You still don't believe me, do you?" I asked, pulling my phone out.

"Damn sure don't," she answered smartly.

I unlocked my phone and went to the text she sent me.

"See? You texted me telling me you was craving cheesecake at nine thirty. I got up, put my shoes on and left. It takes ten minutes to get there so I should've walked through the door at nine forty. Getting the cake and paying for it didn't take even five minutes because it was at the front and I used self checkout so I guess I got to the car at nine forty-five. I drove home which took ten minutes again so that would be nine fifty-five. I walked in the house, cut you some cake then put the rest in the fridge. I poured you some milk, too so that would be what? Three minutes? Okay nine fifty-eight. Then that's when you started throwing a temper tantrum. Now it's ten o'six. Did I explain myself enough?"

"Aw, bae! I'm sorry, Cam. You know I'm having horrible mood swings and stuff. You forgive me?" she asked, pouting.

I nodded, "Don't worry 'bout it. Your cheesecake and milk is on the kitchen counter."

"Thank you," she said kissing me.

I pulled my shirt and shoes off then climbed into bed. I believe I'm more worn out by this pregnancy than Kai is and she's the one carrying the baby!

_________________________________________________________________________________

"What's up, fool?" Jamie said as I got into his maroon 2014 Camaro.

"What's good, J?" I slide the seat back and lowered the top like I do in every vehicle I get in.

"You look tired. Everything straight?" He backed out of the driveway and pulled off.

"Man hell no. Kai always flipping out on me and shit, yelling for no reason. Last night I went to go get some cheesecake 'cause she texted me saying she was craving some. When I got back, she went off asking was I cheating and why I was out so late. I wouldn't have even left the house if it wasn't for her!"

He laughed, "Damn my nigga. You going through it. What you tell her?"

"I had to run down everything I did. I was like nine thirty this and went all the way though until I ended up at ten o'six."

"I feel bad for you, bruh. It's gon' all be worth it when you got that lil' nigga in your arms, though."

"I wish he'd hurry the fuck up," I said in all serious but couldn't help to chuckle a little bit.