Chapter 8

Cam POV

I done made you cry, I done you wrong.

Now your heart broke, hollering just leave me alone.

But if I could I would, I swear to God.

'Cause you got my love and I love hard.

I was listening to Boosie and getting high in the dark, thinking about Kai. Why I miss this girl so bad?

Can't hate the bitch, now my lil dawg hollering just replace the bitch.

But i'ma keep it real, I trust the bitch.

I'ma keep it real with you dawg I love the bitch.

I got on Instagram to see somebody tagged me in a picture. It was my nigga Jamie. We been close since the third grade. It was him and his ex Eliana, me and Kai, Jai and his ex Tiffany. The caption read: the good ole days #tbt.

I liked it and saw Kai commented: that's that night all of us were high and were clowning people in the mall after we went skating, it was fun.

Jamie replied: hell yeah, your ass came up with all them stupid ideas for the shit we did.

This not helping my situation, I miss her even more now.

I got in my car and decided to just go riding around. I got to a red light and saw Carter. He looked over but the windows were tinted. He had a light skinned girl in his car, fixing her make-up. What the fuck?

I got my phone out to call Kai. When I heard it ring, I hung up. Our last conversation played back in my mind. Let her find out, she don't need my help.

Kai POV

I was at Tiny's house, just chilling. She asked me to come over so we could kick it and catch up on old times. We were sitting on her porch. Tiny lives in the hood, across the street from the projects.

"Girl how you and Cam doing?"

"You late, we not together."

"Why not?" she asked, looking surprised.

"When I got outta jail he had gotten another girl pregnant. I just went on about my life."

"That's fucked up. Kierra came by some months after you went in talking 'bout you put her out, what happened?"

"She tried to mess with Cam, in my house! Fake ass," I took a pull from the blunt.

"Hell nah! I thought she was down."

"I guess not. She no different from Niveah and London."

"Cam been laying low, I think he outta town. He better stay gone."

"Why?"

"Niggas trying to put a toe tag on him."

"I ain't heard that. Who?"

"Some niggas from outta state. I think their names are Digga and Pete."

"Digga and Pete? Fake names."

I looked up and saw Cam's truck. I can spot it anywhere.

"I thought you said he was gone."

"That's what people been saying."

Tiny looked up and he was stepping outta his truck. Damn, he's so sexy. He had on a red and black jordan shirt, black jordan basketball shorts and black retro 8s. I'ma be honest, he looks better than Carter but I'm faithful and I made the right choice.

He looked up at me then turned and walked away. I never thought the day would come. I guess he doesn't miss me anymore.

Wait, what's wrong with me? He doesn't need to miss me! I took another pull from my blunt.

"You miss him huh?" Tiny asked.

"What? Nah," I said, lying through my teeth.

"Shit, if you ask me, y'all belong together."

"Well I ain't ask you."

"Bitches be like, ion miss him," Tiny said. I couldn't help but laugh.

I heard commotion across the street at the projects. I saw people forming into a crowd. When I saw people running, I knew it was a fight.

Me and Tiny stood up and walked across the street and into the courtyard. I led the way, pushing through the crowd. When I got to the front, my eyes bucked.

Cam had his gun pointed at some dude on the ground. The dude's mouth was bloody and he had bruises on his face. Cam cocked the gun.

"Say your prayers bitch," Cam told him.

"Cam," I said, hesitantly. I stepped towards him. He didn't look my way.

"Man please," the dude cried out.

"Cam, come on now. You don't wanna do this."

"Like hell I don't," he said through clenched teeth.

I went behind Cam and wrapped my arms around him. I tried to pull him back but his muscular frame didn't budge.

"Come on Cam, don't kill him."

"Cam! Chill out bruh," Jamie pushed through the crowd and took the gun from him.

I pulled Cam by the hand and he followed me towards his truck. When we got there, I saw Carter's Lamborghini pull up. He doesn't even drive it for real and what he doing over here?

"Ain't that your dude?" Jamie asked me.

"I'll kill that bitch," Cam said. He started towards the car when Jamie helped pull him back.

I saw the girl step outta the car. Drika. Anger came over me. That bitch always after my men. I started towards the car, Tiny grabbed my arm and I snatched it away.

I tapped her shoulder, she turned around with an attitude. I punched her square in the face. She grabbed my hair and slammed me against the car.

I went down, scooped, then dumped her on the concrete. She flipped me and started hitting me. I caught her hands and head butted her. She stood up to kick me, I got on my knees just in time and grabbed her leg. I snatched her forward and she fell.

I started stomping her out and they pulled me away. I hope I fucked her face up.

"Kai what the fuck was that?" Carter asked.

"Don't you dare act dumb!" I said pushing him.

"What?"

"You got some nerve! You thought nobody was gonna tell me? These my streets!"

"That's my cousin," he hesitated.

"Motherfucker you bogus!"

"I'm telling the truth!"

"You a fucking lie!" Cam said.

"Shut yo ass up nigga!" Carter said back.

"Explain then Carter," I said.

"I was taking her to work."

"Where she work Carter? Huh?"

"Red Lobster."

"That bitch a prostitute, you lying!"

"I guess when I saw y'all yesterday, you was taking her to work then too, huh?"

"You watching me nigga?" he asked Cam.

"I saw y'all asses at the red light!"

"Kai who you believe?"

"I'm so over this shit."

I shook my head and went back to Tiny's house. I sat back on the porch and started to roll another blunt.

Carter started to come across the street.

"Don't come over here!"

He stopped and turned around. He got in his car, crank it up and sped off down the street. Tiny sat down beside me and Drika was walking off.

"That hoe put up a good fight but you whooped that ass," she said.

I saw a car coming down the street, it had a California tag. It was one dude driving and one with a gun, dangling out the window. They looked at Cam.

"Cam! Get down!" I hollered at the top of my lungs and took off towards him as fast as I could.

Carter POV

I went to my mom's Jamaican restaurant uptown. I need somebody to talk to, somebody I can confide in.

I walked in and she was at the register ringing up customers. She signaled for me to sit. I sat down in a booth and waited.

About fifteen minutes later, everything died down somewhat and she came over. She kissed my forehead and sat down.

"What's wrong? You looked troubled."

"A lot of stuff happened today."

"Like what baby?"

I took a deep breath then told her all about it. From when I woke up to what I ate for lunch to when I walked in the door to her restaurant.

"No! Well where is Kai?"

"I don't know."

"You just left?" I nodded. "Damn shame." She shook her head. "You better fix it, ya hear?"

"Yes ma'am."

How the hell i'ma fix this shit? I ordered some food and a group of girls came in and sat in the booth behind me.

"This is a sad, sad day." One of them said. Hell yeah it is.

"So much drama, I didn't even see her run across the street." Another girl replied.

"Is Cam dead too? Or is it just her?" My head shot up. I got up and took a step to their table.

"Who died?"

"Why?" A girl asked with an attitude.

"I need to know!" I hit the table, getting loud.

"Oh, hold on Amber. That's Carter, Kai's boyfriend." Amber's face softened.

"I'm so sorry. We shouldn't be the ones to tell him though."

"What?" I looked down and my phone was ringing. I didn't recognize the number. It wasn't a Georgia number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kai dead folk, she gone now."

"What? Who is this?"

"You next motherfucker."

The person on the other end hung up the phone. I dialed Kai's number.

No answer.

I dialed it again.

Sent straight to voicemail.

I sat down and put my head in my hands, trying not to cry.

*

*

*

Okay y'all, here's the update. I love y'all, but y'all don't comment really! That's some BS but if y'all wanna find out what happens, vote & COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!