Chapter 11

Kai P.O.V

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before sitting up. I looked behind me and saw Cam wrapped up in the covers. I know damn well I didn't have sex with him last night, I thought to myself. Did I? I looked around the room and saw clothes on top of the desk, TV and a pizza box. I smirked, obviously we did.

I got up and put on my sleeping shorts and my tank top. I opened the door and walked down to my room and climbed into my bed after I locked the door. I checked my phone and saw people been blowing me up but it can wait until after I wake up again.

- two days later -

I'm somewhat glad to be home even though I have to work. I looked at my schedule for the day: ten o'clock photoshoot, twelve o'clock videoshoot, meet Jai at party city at five o'clock. I got my purse, keys and phone then headed to my truck.

I walked into my videoshoot with a smile on my face even though I was irritated from the photoshoot. I got dressed and walked over to the artist. He smiled before saying, "Kai, I'm glad you here."

I flashed a smile in return, "Oh really? I heard you requested me."

"I did, everybody wants you in their video and I'm glad we doing business together."

"The pleasure is mine, let's get this going." I said. He nodded and the music started.

He rapped along to the song and I did my thing, dancing along and strutting around in front of the camera. I was actually having fun and I love his energy.

"I got a clothing line coming out soon and I need models, you think we could do business again?"

"Just let me know," I said getting my stuff.

"Oh I will," he winked and I walked out of the building heading to party city.

"Kai I just want you to get right, the Lord ain't pleased with what you do."

"What you mean momma?" I asked her.

"All this killing and going to prison, I didn't raise you that way. You haven't even created another life, why would you take one?" she shook her head, "I hate to fuss but I love you and I want what's best for you baby."

"Yes ma'am and I love you, too." I kissed her cheek and laid my head in her lap, letting her words sink in.

Cam P.O.V

I was riding around town with Kai, thinking we were gonna have fun but she being quiet as a mouse. I thought she had fun that night in South Beach, I damn sure did.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Huh?" she looked at me quick like I had snapped her from her thoughts.

"What you thinking about?"

"Me and my momma talked earlier today before you picked me up, she got me thinking. Do you know how many people I bodied from the age of sixteen until now? I don't, I lost count. I took so many lives but haven't even created one. Shit crazy, God ain't pleased with me," she paused. "I'm supposed to be off somewhere playing basketball in college, not doing what I do. All this was a mistake."

"I was a mistake?"

"What? Nah, it's not like that."

"Let me ask you something Kai."

"What?"

"What am I to you?"

"A good friend, you my dawg."

"The fuck? I'm yo' dawg?"

"Yeah."

"I ain't never fucked my friends like you fucked me the other night or any other night."

"Cam you pulled me into your room and laid me down so let's just clear that up before anything."

"You can't even make up your mind. What if I fucked with you feelings and shit?"

"Man I don't know aight?" she said as I pulled into my driveway. "I feel like fucking to be honest."

I smirked, "You know the way in don't you?"

Kai P.O.V

"Momma why you taking so long to get out the truck? I'll get your bags later."

"Girl don't rush me but whatever," she got out and shut the door. "I smell bar-b-que Kai."

"Me too, I guess the neighbors grilling today."

She unlocked the door and turned the knob, opening it. Her mouth flew open and she put her hand over her heart as everybody screamed happy birthday to her.

"Aw! I can't believe it! Thank y'all!" she started greeting and hugging everybody.

I walked into the backyard to find Cam. He was with some of my cousins and uncles playing spades. I sat down in his lap, "Get off me girl, you not finna help Alex cheating ass." he pushed me off of him playfully, referring to one of my favorite cousins.

"Shut up, that's why all the food is almost gone," I said lying through my teeth.

All of them jumped up and ran to the kitchen, pushing each other out of the way. Cam fits right in with my family and they love him but do I?

Cam POV

I looked at Kai sleeping peacefully but I'm bored. I parted her legs and pulled her boy shorts off. I kissed her other set of lips and she moved a little. I started licking up and down making sure I didn't miss a spot. I heard her moan a little and I stuck my tongue in. She started to cream and she grabbed my head, pushing it down farther.

Right before she was about to climax, I stopped and she slapped my chest leaving a red mark. "Got damn girl!"

"Why you stop?" she looked irritated.

"Turn the fuck around and shut up," I flipped her onto her stomach and she giggled a little. She arched her back and had it sitting up at the perfect angle.

"So I'm not the best you ever had?" Kai asked, smirking.

"Nah, I mean you aight." she sucked her teeth.

"You knew that was lie when it came out your mouth, you be feigning for the cooch."

I laughed at her, "Your cocky ass." I wasn't gonna lie, I never been in nothing like hers.

Instead of her replying, she ran to the bathroom. "What's wrong with you?" I asked getting up. She didn't reply. I twisted the knob to the bathroom and saw her throwing up in the toilet.

When she was done, she flushed it and walked to the sink. She got an unused toothbrush out of my cabinet and started brushing her teeth. "What time is it?" she asked.

"It's eight forty-three."

"What? Only eight?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, what you want to eat?"

She walked back into my bedroom. She put on a hoodie, sweatpants and Uggs. "Get me a sausage biscuit with hash rounds and an oranges juice from Hardee's." she nodded and left.

I wonder why she rushed out, like something came over her. I'm just gonna brush it off and get back in the bed.

Kai POV

"Thanks for coming to Hardee's, may I take your order?"

"Yes can I get a sausage biscuit and a country fried steak biscuit? Make both of those a combo with orange juice please."

She repeated the order to make sure it was right and I confirmed it. I pulled up to the window and got my debit card from my wallet. The window slid open and there Kierra was, looking at me.

"Hey Kai."

"Wassup?"

"How you been?"

"Hungry, how much was my food?"

She told me the total before asking, "How's Cam?"

"Hungry," I said then handed her the card.

"You still mad at me? Damn."

"You still talking? Damn." I replied, mocking her.

She swiped the card then gave it back with a receipt. She handed me my drinks and food. "Kai, can I meet you somewhere one day?"

"If I don't get my shit together, I'll see you in hell. Bye." I put Cam's car in drive and pulled off.

"They was slow as hell this morning," Cam said as I gave him his food.

"Yeah, I know. I'll be right back, I need to wash my hands."

I walked into the hall bathroom right down from his den. I closed and locked the door because I don't need him walking in on me right now.

I took the bag out from the side of my boot and sat it on the counter. I opened the box and started reading instructions on how to take the pregnancy test.

Y'all be sure to comment, vote and read my other books including my new book which is the sequel to "Something I Never Had" .. it's called "Life After Death" thanks 😘