Chapter 16

Picture of Kai in MM.

As soon as I pulled in the driveway, Cam pulled in right behind me. I got my phone and got out of the car, not even acknowledging him. I opened the front door and ran straight to his room.

I heard his footsteps and soon felt him behind me. I turned around and saw him standing there with a blank face, just staring. I rolled my eyes and got a duffel bag from the closet.

"You not going anywhere so you might as well put the bag down," he said nonchalantly.

"You funny," I said, putting clothes in the duffel bag.

"I went in Krispy Kreme to get you some donuts and Kierra called me over there. I didn't even recognize her then she struck conversation. When I saw y'all, I sat down to make sure I wasn't really seeing what I thought. Now what's your story 'cause I ain't in the wrong this time."

I put the bag down and leaned up against the big dresser. He really isn't in the wrong this time. I feel bad for jumping to conclusions.

"I went to go meet Carter because I needed to get the rest of my clothes from him," I explained, telling some of the truth.

"Cool," he nodded his head and laid back, turning the flat screen TV on.

"That's all you have to say?" I asked.

"Yeah, I don't wanna argue with you and if you telling me something, I believe it. You wouldn't lie to me, would you?"

"What you getting at?"

"Why you being defensive Kai?"

"I'm not," I snapped. He shook his head, chuckling a little.

"Your donuts are in the kitchen," he said, putting his Nike slides on.

"Where you going?"

"Trap," he said before walking out of the bedroom.

"I'm tired of arguing with you Cam," I said standing at the top of the stairs.

"I'm gone, we ain't gotta argue."

I ran down the steps and jumped on his back. I laid my head on his shoulder and kissed his neck.

"Chill Kai," he said in his deep, husky voice.

"That's your spot?" I sucked on his neck. "I think so," I smirked as I got down off his back. "You still going to the trap?"

He turned around and looked down at me. I licked my lips and he bit down on his bottom lip. He picked me up and I smiled, time for action.

Tiny and I stepped out of my Benz truck and walked into a new clothing store downtown. I smiled once I was inside because I couldn't spot one thing that I didn't like. I walked over to these black, leather joggers and picked them up.

"Can I help you?" I turned around to see a cute, darkskinned boy with a baby face. He had diamond studs in his ears and had a gorgeous, bright smile. He licked his lips and gave me a kool-aid grin.

"Nah, I'm just looking."

"Shit, me too." I looked up and caught him admiring my frame. I shook my head and laughed at him.

"I think my friend might need help," I said pointing to Tiny. He looked at her and back to me.

"Listen, I'ma be real, I want you." I burst out laughing and he chuckled. "I'm serious, you so beautiful."

"Aw, thanks. I'm also twenty-four." This boy still looks like he's in high school. I decided to get the joggers and walked to look at their hoodies.