Chapter 27

I woke up with a huge smile on my face. Today is the day that I'm marrying the love of my life. It snuck up on us quick but I'm ready to officially be Mrs. Alexander.

Cam and I have been through so much these past years. I remember that day we first met. I sent my little cousin Tony into Little Caesar's but he was talking too long so I went in after him.

I found him in there flirting and when I turned to walk back out, Cam bumped into me and struck conversation. I saw him the next day at school and it took off from there.

I remember how I whooped Drika's ass over him, when he had went into a crazy ass stalker stage in high school when I broke up with him, when I caught a flight to go save his life, how he was willing to hold it down while I was in prison but I told him to move on. We had a lot of ups and downs but now here we are.

After bathing and throwing on some sweats and a t-shirt, I went downstairs to find that everyone was waiting for me. My bridal party consisted of Jessica, Tiny and a few of my closest cousins.

"We been waiting on you for the longest but Jessica talking 'bout don't wake you up. I'm hungry, shit!" Tiny exclaimed.

"Fool shut up and let's go. This my day, y'all hoes not allowed to complain about anything."

"Yeah whatever. I know these people at the Waffle House better not have me waiting for no long time 'cause I'm impatient, I can't deal."

"Kai I told you not to put her ghetto ass in the wedding. I'ma have to put up with her all day!" Jessica complained.

"Bitch yo' hair cute and all but I'll pull all that shit out, don't play."

I shook my head as we got into my Benz truck and pulled off.

"Y'all got all your stuff?" I asked as we got out in the parking lot.

"Yeah, all of it's at your house," Tiny answered. "Wait boo, you can't go in!"

"Tiny wasn't you the main one complaining when we was at the house that you was hungry?" I folded my arms.

"Yeah but we gotta go somewhere else 'cause Cam in there, that's bad luck for y'all to see each other before the wedding. Close ya' eyes and get back in the truck."

"Aw, my baby eating at our spot. I can just walk in backwards or something 'cause I want Waffle House and the other one all the way across town."

"Cover your eyes and turn your back so Cam won't see you, either."

I did as Tiny said and we made it to our seat. As soon as we sat down there was a male waiter waiting to take our order.

"Uh oh boo, you cute. Wassup?" Tiny greeted him with a smile on her face, flexing her dimples.

He returned the smile, "What can I get y'all to drink?"

We all answered with our drink orders and told him what we wanted to eat instead of waiting.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket so I got it out and read the text.

Hubby: Is it bad luck if I see the back of your head?

Me: Lol nah, ion think so. I can't wait to see your sexy self in that all white.

Hubby: Me either. My milk chocolate Hershey's kiss gon' fuck em up in that white dress.

Me: Boy you so lame! Lol. Love you.

Hubby: I love you more princess.

"Girl don't turn around 'cause Cam staring you down. He act like he can see your face."