Chapter 18

Cam POV

I closed my front door behind me and locked it. Going up the stairs, I heard the shower. What the hell? I sat my luggage down and pulled my gun from my waistband. I followed the sound to my room. I slowly opened my bedroom door with my gun drawn. The shower cut off so I dimmed the lights and waited.

"I need a thug in my life. You ain't gotta be my wife, just hold me down when it's tight."

I stood up and chuckled a bit, knowing who it was; my lil' thug. I took my shoes off and and laid down on the bed. She opened the bathroom door with a towel on and water dripping off her body.

"Cam!" she hollered and ran up to me. "I missed you, I missed you, I missed you!"

"I missed you, too." I smiled and kissed her.

"You didn't tell me you were coming home early!"

"I wanted to surprise you baby."

"Go wash this flight off you while I cook you something to eat," she was cheesing from ear to ear.

"Aight," I stood up and she gave me another smile. I walked into the bathroom and turned the hot water on. I got out of my clothes and stepped in the shower to wash my body.

I dried off, slipped my Ralph Lauren boxers on and walked out of the bathroom. The lights were dim and candles were lit. I smiled and Kai got up from the bed.

She let her towel drop to the floor and I admired my baby's flawless body. She smirked at me before getting on the bed and spreading her legs.

"Dinner's served," she said seductively. I walked over, ready to feast on my meal.

I woke up to the smell of food and I smiled at the reason why I was asleep in the first place. Honestly, Kai the only girl that could ever put me to sleep. I slipped my boxers back on along with some basketball shorts.

When I made it downstairs and into the kitchen, Kai was standing at the stove putting butter into a medium sized pot. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Is this for me?" I asked.

"All for you," she answered.

"What you cooked?"

"Pork chops, rice and biscuits with red Kool-Aid. You alright with that?"

"I'm more than alright with that," I smacked her booty and sat down at the island. I watched as she fixed my plate and sat it in front of me. "Thank you baby."

"You're welcome," she smiled, showing her deep dimple and sat with me.

"You held it down while I was gone?" She nodded in response. "That's what I'm talking 'bout. What we doing today?"

"What you wanna do?"

"It don't matter as long as I'm with my baby." She smiled at me. If she was light skinned, she would be blushing so hard.

Her phone started ringing and she answered, "Hello?" I watched her facial expression change and she stood up. "I'm on the way, calm down mommy."

"What's wrong?" I asked. She ran and put her shoes on.

"Momma said somebody's shooting outside her house and daddy isn't there."

I hopped up and followed her outside to her black Tahoe. We all know what it means when Kai drives this truck. I got a gun from under her seat as she was burning rubber trying to get to her momma.

A ride that's usually fifteen minutes long only took us five and Kai had her emergency lights on so she wouldn't get pulled over. We hopped out and we saw Jai's truck and her daddy's new truck was also outside.

"Ma!" Kai hollered as soon as we got inside.

"We in the den Kai," I heard Jai's voice.

We went into the den and her momma was sipping on water and was sweating. She was fanning herself and dabbing her forehead with a piece of tissue.

"What happened ma?" Kai sat on the floor in front of her.

"I heard shooting so I hit the ground and the window I was standing by got shattered by a bullet."

"What?" Kai looked pissed. "Did you see anything?"

"A red truck."

"What kind?"

"It looked like a Dodge Ram. It had a name or something on the side in black letters."

I looked at Kai and she looked back at me.

"We got it momma, okay? Meanwhile, y'all go pack enough for a week or two."

"Where we going?" her momma asked.

"Anywhere you wanna go momma," Kai stood up.

"Tahiti," her momma smiled.

"Anything you want, it's my turn to spoil y'all."

Her parents went upstairs to pack and she pulled her phone out.

"Ralph, you busy?" she walked out of the room and we followed her. "Good, I need you to get my jet and fly my parents to Tahiti, I'll pay you when I drop them off. Aight." she hung up and put the phone in her back pocket.

"Who did it? I saw that look y'all gave each other," Jai said.

"Black," I shook my head at him. Why would he do this?

"No he didn't," Kai shook her head.

"Yes he did, you know what he drives."

"No he didn't Cam."

"Well just tell me how the hell you know? You don't know everything Kai."

"Because that bastard is dead! That's how the hell I know!"

"What? You killed my motherfucking cousin?" I yelled, hitting the table, leaving a dent.

"Don't ask me no questions right now Cameron."

"You know damn well I ain't got no family but him and his brother, but you gon' kill him anyway?"

"He was gon' kill you! I didn't answer your phone calls that night 'cause of him! The person at the door? That was him! He was on some rah rah shit, trying to get with me! He was willing to kill you to get with me so I killed him before he could!" she was breathing hard and pacing back and forth.

Her parents came down the stairs with their luggage. I ain't know what the hell Kai crazy ass was about to do so I helped them with the luggage, putting it into the back of Kai's truck. She got in the truck, slamming the door.

"That's your ass Mr. Postman," Jai said laughing. I shook my head and got in the truck. He damn sure telling the truth.

Kai

"You mad at me baby?" Cam asked me. I shook my head no and parked in front of the trap house. I got out and walked in, seeing Rodney and Jamie.

"Where everybody at?" Cam asked.

"Working," Jamie answered.

"I ain't see nobody on the blocks and ain't nobody in here."

"We not doing that no more, Feds watching."

"Who the fuck told these niggas to change my shit?"

"Kai," Rodney answered.

"Kai?" he turned to looked at me, pissed.

"Before you start barking orders and telling me what I shouldn't have done because you didn't say so, I came up with a bad ass plan that kept all of us out of jail and kept our product and money on lock."

"What did you do?" he asked.

"Let Jamie tell you 'cause I don't feel like it," I picked my keys up. "Come on Rodney."

"Rodney? What the fuck?"

"Not accepting questions at the moment, sorry." I put my hand up and kept it moving out the door with Rodney behind me.

"What's up?" he asked as I pulled from the curb.

"Somebody shot up my parent's house in Black's truck."

"Hell nah," he looked over at me.

"Dead ass. You trying to come up?"

"Hell yeah. With what you gave me from that mission, I paid rent for six months and bills for three."

"That's good. That furniture is for your family, too."

"What?"

"You heard me, y'all enjoy it. You hungry?"

"As hell," he answered. I laughed and pulled into a Red Lobster.

We were seated shortly after we walked in and I told him the plan as we tore up our cheddar baked biscuits.