Chapter 5

A few months later

Amy's POV

First year of college done with. After the summer I have decided to move to London. Living with Jonathan and Anna has been amazing, but I want to be closer to college and to Joe. We've been going out since January. It's crazy. He asked me to move in with him, but I had already found a flat with some college mates.

"I'm so sorry." I said cuddling him.

He looked down at me on the sofa of his flat.

"It's fine, don't worry. It was a bit soon." He said. I think I hit a nerve.

"Listen, I am going to Vidcon in a few weeks with the rest of the other British YouTubers, would you like to join me?" He asked.

"When is it again?" I asked. I promised my mum and dad I would visit for a few days. I have visited them every two weeks, and they visited me too.

"It's in June, towards the end." He said.

"That's quite far away, I'm sure I'll be able to go." I said. "I'm hoping to visit my mum and dad next week, maybe you can come with me!"

"Cool! I could maybe ask my agency to get you a VIP ticket. I would love to meet your family." He said excitingly, like a Jack Russell.

We left Friday evening. We got there just in time for dinner.

"Hi sweetheart!" Mum said opening the door, she gave me a big hug.

"Hi mum, this is Joe, my boyfriend." I said.

"Hi Mrs Sanders." Joe said nervously.

"Hi Joe, call me Linda, Mrs makes me feel old." Mum joked.

We went inside.

Joe's POV

I've never been this nervous before, (except my first video on YouTube, but that doesn't count). I've never stayed over with a girl and her family before. I've met parents before but not on this scale.  Her mum seems really nice, it's her dad and her little sister I'm nervous about.

I saw her dad watching the football. He turned round and saw me and Amy.

"Sweetiepie!" He said getting up to hug Amy.

"Ooh, hey dad nice to see you too. Dad this is Joe." Amy being squeezed by her dad.

He let go of Amy and came up to me.

"Hey, call me Peter." He said, shaking my hand. It went better than I thought.

"So you're on YouTube?" Linda asked, handing me a cup of tea.

"Yeah, I make videos for a living." I said.

"How much do you earn?" Peter asked.

"Dad!" Amy said, shocked.

I laughed," It's okay Amy.  It is quite complex to understand. My sister explained it to me, and even still I don't quite get it."

They laughed. Phew, I'm in the good books.

"Mum, you should know who he is. I watch his videos all the time." Amy's sister said running down the stairs, I think she was excited to see me.

"Hey, you must be Olivia." I said.

She giggled.

Amy's POV

How embarrassing are my parents. I cannot believe that they asked Joe how much he earns.

We had dinner, Joe treated us all to a Nando's. He couldn't believe that none of my family had ever had one, apart from me, as I had one with him a few months ago.

"That was so good." My mum said licking her lips.

"I agree." My dad said patting his belly. We all laughed.

Joe went of to do some editing for a while.

"He is so sweet!" My mum said.

"Yeah, I hope he does us proud." Dad said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I don't want him hurting you." He said.

"Dad, he isn't like that at all, he's sweet and funny and makes feel happy when I'm away from you guys." I said.

"I'm glad your happy." My mum said.

"Joe finished his editing and we all sat down to watch a film. We decided to go for 24, it was a new series so Joe hadn't missed much in the series. My mum and dad explained the other series and who each person was.

Joe's POV

24 was good! I need to watch the rest of it another time.

After it was finished I thought I'd better tell Amy's mum and dad that we are going to Vidcon soon.

"How long is it for?" Linda asked.

"Only for a couple of days, but some of my friends are planning on renting a house in LA for a week or two after." I said.

"Sounds fun!" Amy's mum said taking the disc out of the DVD player.

"Wait, so you don't mind me going?" Amy asked.

"Your eighteen, you can do whatever you want." She said rubbing her hair, she took his hand off her head.

"Thank you!" Amy squealed hugging her mum and dad.

"So, onto other matters, you're birthday is next week, what would you like?" My mum asked.

I looked at Amy, she never told me, what am I going to get her.