Chapter 24

(A/N This chapter may contain distressing content).

Joe's POV

We arrived at the hospital. We found Tan, I gave her a hug.

"Any word?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Surely they would tell me."

"Maybe they're doing some tests, to make sure there isn't anything serious." Amy said rubbing her back.

After a while, Alfie, Zoe, Marcus and Niomi arrived. A while after they arrived we saw a nurse. I went over to speak on Tan's behalf; she wasn't up to ask questions.

"I'm a friend of Jim his wife asked me to come and see if he was okay?" I asked the nurse.

"He's fine, just a few bruises here and there a bruised rib but he will be okay." The nurse said.

"Thank you so much." I said, "Can we see him?"

"Yes, let his wife go in first and then you can see him, he's awake, so when you are ready." The nurse smiled.

I turned to the rest of the guys; Tan had a huge smile on her face and ran after the nurse to see Jim.

Amy's POV

We let Tan see him first and we went in. We saw Jim lying in bed awake, but he looked in pain.

"Hey you." Marcus said.

"Hey." Jim said.

"So you caught a thieve then huh?" Alfie asked.

I didn't speak; I didn't know what to say.

""Yeah pretty much, though some policemen came straight away, we got the bag back too!" Jim said.

"Well it's great to see you're alright." I said finally saying something.

"Yeah, though I'm not sure if we can make it tomorrow, they told me to rest up, sorry about that me and Tan couldn't wait to see your new house." Jim said.

"Stop right their Jim. You don't need to be sorry. We'll have you round another time." Joe said sounding like a dad. He would be the perfect dad.

We left an hour or two later as he was getting ready to leave. The party was at 4pm. So we had enough time to get some sleep and get things ready. I had a sleep in the car so I left Joe to sleep while I walked to town.

As I was walking I saw Cecilia and Fred in their car, Fred rolled the window down.

"Hello Amy, lovely day today?" Cecilia asked.

"Yeah it's gorgeous!" I said looking up at the blue sky.

"Are you going into town?" Fred asked. "We can give you a lift?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to cause any problems?" I asked.

"Nonsense, we're neighbours that's what we do." Fred said shaking his head.

I got in, I reminded them about the house warming party and said they were more than welcome to come round. I said I was going into town to get some food for the party.

"There's this lovely farm shop just outside town, they do really nice food and they have a really nice garden centre and cafe." Cecilia said. "We're on our way there but we can drop you in town first."

"I would love to see the farm shop." I said.

"So where's Joey?" Fred asked.

"Oh he's sleeping." I laughed.