Chapter 27

Epilogue – 16 years later

Sophie's POV

"Come on Sophie! Daniel's already in the car if you don't get a move on we won't get a good parking space for bringing in your boxes for your dorm room." Mum yelled.

"In a second! I'm just getting the last of my things!" I shouted down.

Today was the day I was going to Uni. Daniel decided to go up north to Manchester, I was going to Bristol, and this would be the first time we would be apart.

"Get down here!" Dad shouted.

I arrived downstairs.

"There you are, you took your time." Dad said jokingly tapping his watch.

I got in the car and smiled at Daniel.

Amy's POV

We arrived at Bristol, it was weird, now I know what my mum and dad felt like when I went to uni. We helped Sophie into the halls and thought it would be best to leave her to unpack and meet people in the dorm.

Daniel's POV

We got to Manchester, in a way I was looking forward to university, but I didn't feel like I should be there, I wanted be like my mum and dad, and be a YouTuber.

"Right then, our last bird is flying the nest!" Mum said tearing up.

"C'mon mum, I'll be a phone call, facetime and Skype away, I'll visit you on holidays and some weekends!" I said pulling her in for a hug.

"Yeah Amy, he's going to be fine." Dad said to my mum softly. "And stop crying you'll embarrass him."

She laughed, and brushed me down of any tears she put on me.

Joe's POV

It's weird to think our kids are off to uni, it's weird to think I have kids. It will be quiet around the house now, and no neighbours down the road to go to anymore. After Cecilia passed away five years ago Fred decided to move somewhere else to get away from the house, we still talk on the phone and I've shown him how to Facetime on his new Mac computer he got himself last year. He's even started a channel on YouTube where he does gardening tutorials.

We helped Daniel with his things to his room and left him to unpack and make friends, like we did with Sophie.

We headed back to the house and decided to drop in on Caspar and his fiancé.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked Amy, walking down the street where Caspar and his fiancé lived.

"I'm okay, just sad to see them go." Amy sighed.

"I know, at least we have time to ourselves for the first time in eighteen years." I said.

Amy's POV

I nodded in agreement with Joe; it was nice to have the house to ourselves for a long time. I was thinking back to before I had Sophie and Daniel, when it was just me and Joe, thinking back to when I first met him (or rather bumped into him) on my first day at uni, how Jonathan dropped me off at the station, bumping into Joe, him showing me the way and having lunch with him, Caspar and Oli, and our first date and when he asked me out. It was all so special, each moment was cherished. Even after having kids everything was special, the kids first holiday, all their Christmas plays, going to their parent's evenings.

"What are you thinking about?" Joe asked.

"Oh just things... I was thinking about our time of being together and how amazing it has been. I'd thought, when we started dating that other viewers would hate me, but to begin with, they did but as time went on and I started YouTube, they agreed with our relationship and I'm just glad I married you." I said.

"That is so cute, cringy, but cute." He teased lovingly.

I playfully hit him on the arm and ran off down the street.