Chapter 23

Amy's POV

Moving day!!!

Today was the day we moved! I felt bad for Caspar, but he was gaining a new roommate, Caspar and Joe did a quick video to tell them what the situation was. We began moving stuff today, we got up early so that we could get all the electronic things moved today. I was in full-blow Monica from friends mode getting Joe, Caspar, Oli, Alfie and Marcus (who had come to film a video with Caspar) to put things into the right boxes. By noon we had all electronic items away. All that was left was beds and tables and things that we needed to buy from Ikea. We stayed for a bit and then it was time to go.

Joe's POV

"Well this is it then?" I said awkwardly to Caspar.

"Yeah. Come here!" Caspar said and gave me a hug,

It was emotional yeah, but it was a new start. I tried not to cry. "Yeah buddy I'll miss you too!"

We said our goodbyes and said we would see them at the party on Sunday. We met my dad at the house. He stayed and helped us unpack our things. Later evening it was just me and Amy. 

"So, this feels really quiet."  I said.

"Are you implying I'm boring?" Amy questioned.

"No, of course not, it's the fact that I can't hear his laughs and his screams if I've done a prank on him." Joe said innocently. 

It was weird waking up in the cottage; I had to ask Joe where we were. We got up fairly early to go to IKEA and get some furniture. They left some cupboards, a couple of sofas and a fridge, but we decided to get a new one as it looked like it was on the blink.

"Right so we need beds, tables and wardrobes." I said beginning to make a list.

"Okay and what about baby things and food?" Joe asked.

"Oh yeah and those too." I said.

We got to IKEA and started looking at beds; Joe kept going onto the beds.

"Joe stop it we'll get into trouble." I sighed.

"I'm just trying them out." Joe said innocently.

"We buy the mattresses differently stupid." I said pushing him off.

In the house we had four bedrooms (we may convert one into an office). We got all the beds we needed, we thought it was a good idea to get a child's bed when the baby gets older. As we got the wardrobes I heard a familiar voice, it was my mum and dad!

"What are you doing here?" I asked them, I was surprised to see them there.

"Oh we're just having a mooch round. Are you buying things for the house?" My mum asked giving me a hug.

"Yeah, we've got nearly all of it." I said looking round my things.

"Sorry we couldn't help but we had to help out at Olivia's School's BBQ." My dad said.

"That's okay, my dad helped us." Joe said.

We spent ages talking to them and ended up going to the café to talk more. We said that

we had to get a move on if we were to be ready for the house warming party tomorrow, and that they were obviously invited. When we got back Joe had a sudden realisation.

"I've just realised, we don't have any paint!" Joe exclaimed.

"Do we need paint? I mean I quite like these colours, they're simple." I said.

"Well I do like them but we could do with touching up the walls. I'll ask Fred if he remembers what paint he used.

He phoned Fred, he spent a while talking to him.

"Okay... haha... will do... take care now buh-bye.!" Joe said down the phone.

"So, do you have the paint?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's in the shed." Joe said.

He came back with three tubs worth.

"That's a lot of paint!" I said in awe.

"Yeah, he said they couldn't be bothered painting all the rooms so they ended up with wallpaper in most of them it's just here with paint." Joe said.

We finished painting the room, covered in paint; we may have had a paint fight. I said to Joe that I was going for a shower. It was so relaxing. We started to watch Game of Thrones. I had never watched it before, but it was okay, not great but okay.

Joe's POV

At about 2am my phone rang, Amy had muttered something.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Joe... Oh my god! You have to come to London right now!" Tanya said crying.

"Tan what is it? Is everything okay?" I asked getting really worried.

"It's Jim. He's been really hurt." She sobbed.

"Wha- how?" I said.

"My bag got stolen by some guy and Jim went to catch him, only-" She began but cut herself off.

"Only what?" I asked.

"The guy bet him up really badly. He's in A&E! I don't know what to do? Alfie, Zoe, Marcus and Niomi are coming but they will be a while yet, you're not that far are you?" She said.

Oh god poor Jim!

"Right I'll be there as soon as. Do you want me to bring Amy?" I asked.

She said yes.

"I'll be there real soon okay? Are you in the Hospital?" I asked.

"Yeah in Kings College Hospital!" She sniffed.

I told her to hang in there and be there as soon as possible.

I rolled over to face Amy, "I need to go to London." I said getting up.

"Why do you need to go to London?" I asked.

I told her everything.

" OH MY GOD! Poor Tan! Do you mind me coming I can stay at the old apartment if you are staying with her?" Amy said.

"Yeah, to be honest, I think she'll need as many friends with her." I sighed.