Chapter 17

Amy's POV

I ran into the room crying, Louise and Amy were still awake.

"Whats up Amy?" Zoe asked worryingly, coming over to hug me, Louise got up too. 

"Joe thinks I'm too young to get married." I sobbed. 

They looked at each other, "you too think so too." 

"Maybe he has a point, he was an idiot to not talk to you first." Louise said. 

"But he even asked to wait. I said I didn't care." I sniffed. 

"Maybe he thought that you should wait after uni." Zoe shrugged. 

I said he may be right but I was still mad at him. 

The next morning was the day we went to the big mansion. I wasn't feeling ready for it, not after the argument with Joe. I avoided him at breakfast. I sat at a table with Jim, Tan, Marcus and Niomi. He tried to sit down next to me but I told him to leave me alone. 

"What was that about?" Marcus asked. 

I sighed. "He thinks I'm too young  get married." I said it quite loud that Joe and everyone else looked over at me. 

Joe came striding over. "Look, I'm sorry about what I said last night,  but when I proposed to you I asked, you didn't say when." 

"I didn't want to wait." I said.

Jim stood up. "Guys maybe you should talk about this in private." 

I ignored Jim. " Maybe we need a break from each other, Joe, I need to clear my head." 

I got up and left to pack. 

Joe's POV

"Amy, Amy come back." I shouted. 

I looked round the room and sighed. 

I got back to my room and started to pack. After fighting with my suitcase, and losing I chucked my phone across the room, breaking it in the process, sitting down on my bed I put my head in my hands. Alfie came in a few minutes later.

"What happened to your phone? Are you okay?" He asked sitting down beside me after picking up the pieces of my phone.

"I smashed it. I've ruined things with Amy." I said starting to sob, why am I sobbing?

"Hey, it's okay, she's mad at you for talking about her behind her back." Alfie said rubbing my back.

"I was drunk, they asked me when the big day was and I said I had no idea. Only that we may have to wait cos she's a teenager... oh god I just realised why. I'm an idiot." I said sniffing.

"We say strange things when we're drunk. But maybe you should have talked to her first before." Alfie said.

"Yeah, I've heard that a lot recently." I said.

There was a knock at the door, Alfie got up to answer it, it was Amy.

Amy's POV

I stood there at the door, Alfie opened it.

"Is Joe there?" I asked, obviously he would be in there.

"Yeah come in." Alfie said sympathetically.

Alfie gathered his things and left the room indicating he would be down stairs.

"Hey." I said awkwardly.

"Hey. Look I'm sor-" He began but I cut him off by kissing him.

"Look, I'm the one who needs to be sorry, I overreacted badly." I said.

"I should have asked you first about how you felt about the wedding." He said.

I told him that I didn't mind waiting, if that's what he wanted, and how I should never have said to take a break.

"I'd better start packing, the house then." I said kissing him on the cheek.

"So, are we okay?" Joe asked.

I nodded saying of course we are.