Chapter 25

6 months later

Amy's POV

Anytime now, the baby will come. It's been two weeks since the baby was due.

"Why is it so late?" I said angrily to Joe on the way to Jonathan's and Anna's house.

"Maybe it's going to be a cheeky baby and it its teasing you?" Joe suggested.

"I doubt that." I huffed.

"Look you are going to be seeing Emilia and Eduardo really soon, so your mood better change." Joe demanded.

"It's just the agony of waiting, it keep kicking every second of the day." I moaned.

We arrived at the SacconeJoly's house.

"Hey there friends!" Jonathan greeted, he was vlogging. "Look guys it's Amy and Joe!"

"Hey Jonathan!" I said  giving him a hug. He said I could just call him Jonathan instead of Uncle Jonathan and the same with Anna but not to call her Aunty. 

"So the little baby hasn't arrived yet?" Anna asked making us all a glass of lemonade.

"Nope, and it's really starting to annoy me." I sighed. 

" I bet it is." Jonathan said.

Emilia and Eduardo came running in and gave me a hug! 

"Are you going to give me a hug?" Joe asked.

Emilia smiled and hugged him, and Eduardo ran up to him full speed and gave him a hug.

After an hour or so my stomach really hurt.

"Ooh!" I winced in pain.

"Are you okay?" Joe asked.

"Not really my stomach really hurts!" I panted.

Jonathan and Anna shot glances at each other.

"Come with me Amy to the bathroom." Anna said hurrying me.

Joe looked at Jonathan curiously. 

On the way Emilia wanted to show me something, but Anna said there wasn't anytime for me to look but to show Joe and her dad. When we got to the bathroom Anna told me to sit on the toilet, just after I sat down on the toilet a huge gush of water came like I really needed the toilet.

"Right we have got to get you to the hospital! You're in Labour!" Anna said excitedly.

Jonathan said it wasn't far to go to the hospital so they we drove behind them as they had Emilia and Eduardo with them as they couldn't get a babysitter on time. In our car I was screaming! 

"How long now Joe?" I screamed.

We're just pulling in now deep breaths A, everything will be fine." Joe said calmly. 

We arrived in the hospital, Anna said that she called my mum and dad and that they will be there soon.

It was all sort of a blur during the birth, I decided to do the natural birth without any help. I was screaming so much I had no idea what was happening during the birth.

"It's a boy!" the nurse said.

I sighed with relief, then another pain kicked in, what is going on?

"Is that the thing the baby comes out of?" I asked.

"No, it's another baby!" The nurse said calmly.

"Oh... I see... we only asked for one." Joe joked. The nurses didn't find it funny.

"Please be sensible in here sir or we will ask you to leave!" The nurse said angrily.

"Sorry, just lightening the mood, but I'll go and let Jonathan and Anna know, ands see if your mum and dad are in here." Joe said apologetically.

"Joe could you get my mum to come in if she's arrived? I want her with me." I cried.

Joe nodded.

Joe's POV

I went to the waiting area, Zoe and Alfie arrived to look after Eduardo and Emilia. Amy's mum and dad arrived, they dropped Olivia off at Jonathan and Anna's house with Zoe and Alfie.

"Where is she?" Linda asked.

"She's through here." I said. "She wanted you to come with her."

"I think I'll stay here. I don't want to overcrowd here." Peter said.

"How long has it been surely it can't have taken this long?" she asked.

"Well we're having twins!" I said.

They both squealed and hugged me. I showed Linda the way to the room, and waited with Amy's dad, Jonathan, Anna. After a while Jonathan and Anna went back to the house and Zoe and Alfie came.

Her mum came rushing through.

"It's done, you can come in two/three at a time so me, Joe and Peter first and then you can come in with Joe the second time." Linda said.

We all agreed. We went into the room, Amy sat there looking tired, but happy.

"Hey you!" I whispered, the two little kids were laying either side of her, their eyes wide open.

"Would you like to hold one of them?" Amy asked.

I nodded, obviously I wanted to hold one of them.

"This one is the girl." Amy said gently passing her over.

"A girl! We have one of each!" I whispered happily.

The baby's eyes opened wide, she looked at me in a quizzical sort of way.

"I'm your daddy!" I said soothingly.

She grabbed my index finger with her tiny hand.

"Aww! That's so cute!" Amy said.

I passed the girl onto Linda and Peter, then I held the boy, he did the same as the girl, and after a while passed him onto Linda and Peter.

"What are their names?" Peter asked.

"We have a rough idea." Amy said.

I joked saying that we could call them Jack and Finn but Linda reminded me that we had a boy and a girl not two boys.

"I think we'll call them Daniel and Sophie." Amy said. "Daniel was my granddad's name and Sophie is named after your Gran's name Joe isn't it?"

"Yeah." I said.

Linda and Peter said their goodbyes and that they would bring Olivia tomorrow. Zoe and Alfie came in.

Zoe's POV

We entered the room, bless Amy, she looked so tired and sweaty. The two babies were awake in Joe and Amy's arms.

"Aww they are adorable, they are so cute! I squealed quietly.

"What are their names?" Alfie asked.

"Daniel and Sophie." Amy said pointing to the two.

They stayed for a while until a nurse came in and needed to speak to Amy and Joe in private.

Amy's POV

"Okay so earlier we weighed and measured the baby, we are happy with the results so you can go home anytime tomorrow." The nurse smiled.

"Thank you so much for today!" I said.

She smiled and left me and Joe alone and came back with a blanket for Joe so he could sleep with me.

"So, we have a family now!" Joe said.

"I know! This is going to be amazing!" I said.