Chapter 40

Firstly, Barcelona was just amazing! It was the most incredible time and I’m just so glad that I had Cal with me. We grew so much closer as a couple thanks to that beautiful city. The time we shared together was just so special and I can’t wait to go there again soon! 

Well were now well into January and Shane and Kate had made their move to Norwich. They have found a small flat that they are renting to start with until they find a house that they like. So it’s exciting times for them!

Sarah is now 6 months pregnant so not long to go now at all! We’re meeting up later to go for a coffee in our local café. I still feel a bit weird about Sarah having a baby but I’m getting there and I just keep telling myself that it will be me again one day. But I think about our lost baby all the time. Her scan picture has a place in our bedroom on my dressing table so she’s never far from our thoughts.

Later that day…….

“So what do you fancy? Hot chocolate or a latte?” I ask Sarah as we queue up at the café.

“I would love a hot chocolate please. I can’t stand coffee at the moment” she told me

I laughed “ok then you go grab a table and I’ll be over in a minute” I smiled

“You are good to me darl” Sarah grinned back as she went off to find a comfy sofa for us to sit on.

I ordered our drinks and I was told they would bring them over for us so I went over to sit with Sarah.

“So how’s bump?” I asked as I took my seat next to her

She placed a hand on her bump and smiled “amazing. It’s just such a special feeling” then Sarah stopped and looked at me “I’m so sorry Amy, I keep saying the wrong things don’t I?”

“Here are your drinks ladies” the young guy said as he placed our drinks on the table. We smiled and said thank you.

“It’s fine darl. You’re allowed to be happy about this. I’m happy for you I promise. This is just something I’m going to have to live with” I smiled confidently

Sarah smiled warmly “how was Barcelona?”

I beamed “it was amazing! The best time I’ve ever had. I’m not surprised Cal went to do his football thing there. It’s just such a beautiful city full of culture, art and history”

“Sounds perfect” she smiled

“It was. Until we got back and I looked through the post” I told her

“What was in the post?” Sarah enquired

“A letter from the prison. Ben has asked me to visit him” I whispered finally glad to tell someone

“What?! What on earth has that prick got to say to you? He killed your baby and tried to kill you! He’s where he belongs. What did Cal say?” she asked

Brokenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें